Skip to content
Maintankadin

4.3 - Spending Valor Points

Jeremoot
Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:30 am

Re: 4.3 - Spending Valor Points

If there is a filler boss, I'd expect N'zoth.
Nikachelle
Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:31 am

Re: 4.3 - Spending Valor Points

Skye1013 wrote:Supposedly there won't be a filler boss. Not that Blizz ever goes back on their claims or anything... :roll:

I really liked Ruby Sanctum from last expansion. I was so tired of seeing the icy blue walls of Icecrown that it was a welcome distraction. Pretty too.
Skye1013
Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:32 am

Re: 4.3 - Spending Valor Points

I still haven't seen the inside of RS. For that matter, I haven't seen the 2nd half (last 3rd?) of ICC.
KysenMurrin
Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:46 am

Re: 4.3 - Spending Valor Points

I've been inside RS, for one night of failed attempts. Never been back.
parmy
Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:44 am

Re: 4.3 - Spending Valor Points

Nikachelle wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:Supposedly there won't be a filler boss. Not that Blizz ever goes back on their claims or anything... :roll:

I really liked Ruby Sanctum from last expansion. I was so tired of seeing the icy blue walls of Icecrown that it was a welcome distraction. Pretty too.


I'll bet there will be a new boss, sort of an intro to the next expansion... and he'll only drop pants.


Image

Not sure why my old guild didn't like RS, we went in, killed him.. got the t-shirt and never went back.
Nikachelle
Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:00 am

Re: 4.3 - Spending Valor Points

parmy wrote:
Not sure why my old guild didn't like RS, we went in, killed him.. got the t-shirt and never went back.

We got the kill for everyone since there were some possible upgrades, but in the end, everyone decided they'd rather finish up heroic ICC or finish off drakes (can't remember which it was at that point.) Much to my dismay I might add, I still wanted to keep clearing out RS every week, if only for the change of scenery.
Jeremoot
Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:02 pm

Re: 4.3 - Spending Valor Points

The only interesting thing out of RS for me was that sexy armor trinket (which I never got). I think at that point we were 11/12H ICC and already had our drakes, but we still didn't bother with RS.
d07.RiV
Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:19 pm

Re: 4.3 - Spending Valor Points

Fenrìr wrote:Honestly, I've been mulling over this for a few days now and actually retyped this post several times. >.>

But I think I'm going to do Relic > Ring > Cloak.


That's exactly what I'm doing, I didn't get enough firestones to upgrade relic/ring so they are my first choices. I'm using 391 rhyolith cloak with agility, so its by next slot to upgrade.
Awyndel
Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:10 am

Re: 4.3 - Spending Valor Points

Yeah I rerun those numbers on the pvp cloak vs the valor cloak. I prolly forgot the gemslot. It seems the valor cloak is only a couple points below the pvp one on stamina/ctc. Considering the amount of avoidance and expertise you win I could see why the valor one is preferable. I will probably buy it later since the pvp cloak will last me for now.

I also ran the numbers on the haste/mastery gloves. It seems they are a straight downgrade to my 391 gloves. Tier gloves are also pretty bad. I will prolly wait for heroic tier gloves.

As far as necks go, I actually think the one from a firestone is better. Unless you're way overcapping on mastery. Thank you blizzard for sending me back to firelands, I kind of expected this to happen.

Looks like the belt is a sidegrade to the 391 belt. But it does have more avoidance. It could last us untill the heroic belt drops. I would buy it last, after the cloak.

Once again I might use different numbers then most ppl. Because I want to cap with as much health as possible. Avoidance gets slightly undervalued in that method.
degre
Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:32 am

Re: 4.3 - Spending Valor Points

On the pvp vs valor cloak the general consensus seems to be that the VP one is better, is just that the PvP is a valid alternative that can be acquired in a few days ad interim and allows you to spend your first VP on other gear, without really trying I've done already some 5/600 conquest points and I plan on getting the rest over the weekend, which means that come Monday I'll have upgraded with VP relic, VP neck and PvP cloak, while if I went for relic and cloak I'll have only two bits and I'll have to wait 2 weeks for the third bit.


To be fair I've even started considering not getting the cloak for a good while, as while I find it extremely interesting, getting the PvP one and then focusing my VPs on belt and bracers seems a better idea, as I would be able to get hose instead of the normal versions and save DKPs for set gear.
fuzzygeek
Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:27 am

Re: 4.3 - Spending Valor Points

I'm not sold on the ring as there are two ring drops. Since I'm looking for a little more hit and xpt, the hit/mastery ring looks pretty tasty.
Donut
Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: 4.3 - Spending Valor Points

I feel like an idiot for asking this because I think there's something I missed, but I've armoried quite a few of you guys and you're all right around 100% ctc coverage (presumably 102.4 with raid buffs) - are we just ignoring diminishing returns? It always seems to get glossed over but wouldn't you realistically want at least 2-3% mastery over paper doll ctc? I've been looking for an addon or macro that factors in DR but I can't seem to find one...
KysenMurrin
Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: 4.3 - Spending Valor Points

In game numbers for dodge and parry include diminishing returns.
fuzzygeek
Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:40 pm

Re: 4.3 - Spending Valor Points

And mastery doesn't suffer from DR, either.
Donut
Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:09 pm

Re: 4.3 - Spending Valor Points

Wanted to double check before I replied. Why does it say (before diminishing returns) when I mouse over dodge & parry in game is that just something they forgot to remove?
Donut
Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:09 pm

Re: 4.3 - Spending Valor Points

Wanted to double check before I replied. Why does it say (before diminishing returns) when I mouse over dodge & parry in game is that just something they forgot to remove?
Torias
Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:06 pm

Re: 4.3 - Spending Valor Points

Because the number on the tooltip is before diminishing returns just like it says. And the number in the list is after diminishing returns. :)
Awyndel
Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:20 pm

Re: 4.3 - Spending Valor Points

Mouse over is before, sheet is after.
Donut
Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:50 am

Re: 4.3 - Spending Valor Points

Wow after all these years I never even noticed :cry:
KysenMurrin
Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:48 am

Re: 4.3 - Spending Valor Points

Yeah, the tooltip means "You gain x% <stat> for every y rating (before diminishing returns)"; it's not referring to the percentage on the sheet.