Klaudandus
Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:36 am
Re: Gear Check/Advice Thread (All Specific Advice Requests H
Does Thok's talisman have a penalty for non str-dps? You know how they change the PPM for classes/specs a trinket (or cloak) is not intended for?

Klaudandus wrote:Does Thok's talisman have a penalty for non str-dps? You know how they change the PPM for classes/specs a trinket (or cloak) is not intended for?
For your trinkets, I don't think Thok's is that great for Prot Pally.
Babis wrote:What do you guys think?
Worldie wrote:The reason for suggesting the mastery enchant on boots is the bonus movement speed, which is usually invaluable (unless you run PoJ)
Mordred wrote:I finaly got my 2nd piece of Tier this weekend, but I had a question about it. Is the 2 piece bonus worth my 2% haste loss? It brings me from 43 to 41% haste.
Klaudandus wrote:http://www.wowhead.com/item=104821
http://www.wowhead.com/item=94508
http://www.wowhead.com/item=103989
http://www.wowhead.com/item=105111
Which of these should I keep?
Kal wrote:3. I use AMR to get my reforge, choosing the medium stamina option, which results in using a few haste/stam gems, and heavy preference for stam trinkets. If I switched to high stamina, I would gain about 73k health (6.5% increase) while dropping 11.3% (down to 22.5%) haste. Is that a reasonable trade? I am getting some deaths from spike damage.
samsara wrote:hm, i wasn't sure about posting this question, it seems more like one of the "first world problems"-Memes
i got Thoks tailtip yesterday. When equiping thoks and zandalari trinket i will get >50% haste, but that will unequip vial , which i personaly find is a great trinket. I'm happy to have it, especialy on fights like blackfuse where it seems i have a DP on every bossenrage (when an add dies), which is great, or now on progressing klaxxi where it seems that you can't have enough cd's (... it's anyway allways tanks fault when whiping at 8-10 minutes of the fight and dps has taken all battlerezzes and everyone expect you to tank kilruk with xaril debuf when there is no br left for a tank... sure ) This fight is just no fun with 2 paladin tanks.
i have some sort of BIS-List where i can use thoks and Vial but for this i'm missing a few pieces of gear and i'm sure it will take some time to get garosh legs
would you stay with vial or just go with the 50% hastecap, or would you switch it fight dependent as it isn't a problem with hit/exp caps as both don't have hit/exp on it and wouldn't get reforged?
Kal wrote:I have also heard some people call AMR noobish, but I think that's petty elitism. I think that even if a person was blindly following their default settings, they're on the right track towards improvement. My own consistent disagreement with it's recommendations is it's default to Windsong instead of Dancing Steel, which I prefer.