Dantriges
Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:15 am
Re: Souldrinker vs. Hand of Morchok
The Souldrinker LFR version always disappeared into the hand of DPS players. 

Arawina wrote:I have both LFR SD and heroic HoM. I've spent quite some time with simc and have come to the conclusion (supported by logs of our raid) that heroic HoM is the one to go for me with my current gear. Also the extra mastery allows me to free up one trinket slot which I can use for whatever trinket works best - be it a dps trinket for the easier bosses like morchok or ultra on heroic or stamina trinkets for the later fights. I'm also quite unimpressed by the healing SD does, more than 50% (sometimes over 70%) end up in useless overheal and for most fights WoG heals me for more and much more effectively. Never seen SD drop besides LFR so I can't say anything about the higher ilvl versions.
Treck wrote:I think he means SD procc = Souldrinker procc not Sacred Duty.
theckhd wrote:My point was that the DPS estimates are heavily influenced by rotation, which includes SotR crits from Sacred Duty.