Skip to content
Maintankadin

Cloak choice...

Guillex
Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:40 am

Cloak choice...

I'm currently wearing a Mithril-Bark Cloak with a +12agi chant on it.

Blaen posted here some time ago telling me that I should get the Cloak of Eternity in lieu of the Mithril.

I've been spamming trade for a few days, and last night got 2 tells. One was "100g + your mats," and the other was "buy me the pattern and get your mats, I'll do it for you."

As I'm already at 490 defense, is getting this made worth it? Should I spend that much money on the cloak (as nobody seems to have the pattern, even though it's on the AH all the time)? Or am I relegated to running SV over, and over, and over... Along with Bot... to get the Devilshark to drop?
_________________

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."
-Verbal Kint
Cragus
Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:48 am
Being at work i can't view those items, however i believe the devil shark is the best you can get until the phoenix wing...this is for pure tanking stats ofc. The drape in kara is nice for some more spell dm biased fights where you can drop tank stats.
_________________
Mahale
Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:49 am
just keep running SV the cloak is really really really worth it. Are you revered yet? If not you need to keep going to get the necklace anyway.
_________________
Guillex
Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:58 am
I'm quite past revered. I have the necklace. The only items I'm really missing are the spaulders of the righteous, devilshark, bracers of the green fortress, and possibly the engineering helm.

97.14% avoidance with HS and the Libram, so I'm really not that far off. I just can't stand running SV/Bot anymore.

Here's an armory link Mahale:

Guillex on Smolderthorn
_________________

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."
-Verbal Kint
adese
Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:50 am
I will second (third?) the recommendation for keep trying for Devilshark. Yeah, running SV a million times sucks, but hey it's an easy instance and runs go pretty quickly. At least it doesn't drop in Shadow Labs....
_________________
Mortehl
Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:01 pm
I have both the devilshark and the cloak of eternity.

I am very fond of the extra HP you get from the cloak of eternity, I use it almost exclusively, though I favor the devilshark in my aoe build for the extra block value.
_________________
Cragus
Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:40 am
Running SV is indeed a drag, but hey do it on heroic and get a few badges out of it and a void at the end. Its pretty much the same level on heroic lol and aoe tanking on heroics is easy enough these days.
_________________
Ulushnar
Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:29 am
I was waaay past exalted when the Devilshark finally dropped for me. Same with the Elementium Band of the Sentry from Arcatraz.
_________________
http://www.wulfsblood.com - Wow Blog

cdan
Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:15 am
Only been in SV twice for some unfathomable reason. Got the breastplate the first time and the key shard the second. Been in SL so often Murmur has me on speed dial.

Got told I was a foolish noob the last time I was in SL though. I stayed in during the boom as I trusted my healer and can't be bothered with all the ins and outs since I'm reasonably geared for it. Apparently the whole world knows that the tank has to run in and out of the circle or you are just doing it all wrong - according to the mage who I was a couple of % behind on the damage meter he kept spamming the chat with.