Skip to content
Maintankadin

Boots of the Protector

matchbox
Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:23 pm

Boots of the Protector

worth it to level up BS for them ?
Kayallah
Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:50 pm
I'm doing it now >.<

also hoping we get that belt pattern sometime in the near future... as the only tankadin... wewt Razz haha
_________________
Buldozer
Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:19 pm
I use the boots and the belt, both are nice. The patterns drop a lot... and its not like you have any competition for them; thus, leaving you with more dkp to win t5
_________________
Arenaya
Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:49 am
Just 2 points to go, just 2 points Wink Yes, I think it's definitely worth it.
_________________
[url=http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Onyxia&n=Arenaya][/u
Odius
Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:00 am
I just got my second nether today and I've got the plans as well. Just need to grind my smithing from 361. The stats are those things are just too good to pass us.
_________________
Gideon
Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:12 am
I'm a 375 blacksmith with the boots of the protector recipe (I think most smiths in my guild have it now) and I would say that is is definitely not worth dropping a profession and levelling blacksmithing for this recipe. They're a threat-oriented sidegrade on the battlescar boots from Karazhan.

I wear them in my threat set, not in my regular tanking set. You don't need to be a blacksmith to wear the belt of the guardian, so that's not relevent to your choice.

If your guild is not in SSC and you are thinking of buying this recipe off the AH then you should be fine with elusion/battlescar from Kz. If you are in SSC then you should be working towards BT where the first boss drops boots that are far superior.

There are tanking jobs in SSC/TK where you would want a good threat set (A'lar adds, Leo, VR etc) but if you have to level BS from scratch to get these boots then my advice to you is find another source of spell damage.
_________________
Furiouso
Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:39 am
I leveled BS from 1 just for these boots, but then realized the side benefits of having BS. My raiding alliance needed someone who was able to craft all the resist sets, plus there's the ability to craft Thunder/Deep Thunder/Stormherald if I decided to go retribution. There will be stuff in the future that I'm sure will be nice to have the ability to make. It also depends on what profession you may be dropping, I dropped Herbalism because I was hardly using it anymore and dailies are a good enough source of money.

The boots are nice, I think they're a fine upgrade to Elusion/Battlescar. Best of the three to get you uncrushable in case you wanted to jiggle your gear around, top notch threat, extra stamina and armor.
Lieris
Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:23 pm
They were well worth the gold I spent on leveling blacksmithing for. I've had horrible luck on boots drop in Karazhan so these were a huge upgrade for me. It also meant I was able to craft my own epic resist gear for Hydross! Smile

I don't intend to replace them until Tide Stomper's Greaves.
_________________
Lieris
Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:25 pm
They're worth keeping around but I imagine that in most situations you will want to be using the Boots of the Protector.
_________________
Thels
Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:24 am
Don't forget about the Red Havoc Boots. They have some excellent stats as well.

I leveled BS because I already had it anyhow. Didn't really think things through way back when I was level 5. No way I'd level BS for it now, I'd probably go Engineering instead.
_________________


Zoe's guide to building your tankadin
Ulushnar
Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:36 am
I started levelling BS when I realised how sweet those T5 patterns were and also how crappy it was being the umpteenth alchemist in my group. Only 15 points to go! (And yes, I know those are the expensive ones!)
_________________
http://www.wulfsblood.com - Wow Blog