Skip to content
Maintankadin

Am I doing something wrong?

maurok
Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:57 pm

Am I doing something wrong?

My heatlh pool is a joke near some coleagues tankadins from my server with about same gear level ... While I stand about 32.6k unbuffed HP, they are with 35~37k.
I have more avoidance and more armor then most (both rings, neck and leg giving extra armor)
should I run ToC H for the black heart? or get my JC trinket from the bank? or re-gem / re-enchant something?

Here's my armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Warsong&n=Chakaal


Thanks guys =D
Digren
Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:39 pm

Re: Am I doing something wrong?

You could net more avoidance by switching to an agi/sta gem on your legs, picking up the socket bonus defense. Then, you could make all the stamina back by switching to a combo def/sta gem on your gloves, using the newly-acquired socket bonus to remain uncrittable.

Otherwise your gear looks fine. I think you should have passed over some of the lower-defense pieces in favor of higher-defense gear. That would have prevented the need to stack pure defense gems everywhere, which does hurt your health. Any one piece is ok but the total set reflects gear progression that focuses on the individual pieces without considering the overall set.

I logged out in my block value gear so I'm not a good comparison right now. Can you link the profiles of a few of these colleagues with 35-37k health so I can break down how they get their stamina?
maurok
Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:21 pm

Re: Am I doing something wrong?

thanks for the fast response =D

here are two of them:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=warsong&n=cle%C3%B3patra
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=warsong&n=Donutmonger


I liked your suggestion very much about regemming, I'll just hold a little bit because tonight if we kill faction champs on 25m I'll be the one to get the trophy, and I'm very inclined to get the gloves (still with t7 ones T_T )... my legs are with the same gems I used to have before they nerfed JC prismatic gems =[
repent
Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:32 pm

Re: Am I doing something wrong?

I disagree (respectfully) with Digren on the gemming issue. The +6 defense socket bonus on the legging isn't that attractive. The real problem with your gear is your use of the Signet of Winter, which seems to be costing 3-4 gems in your gear to maintain your defense threshold. Dump the Signet, and use a ring with some defense, put stamina in your prismatic sockets. Just my opinion.
Digren
Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Am I doing something wrong?

repent wrote:I disagree (respectfully) with Digren on the gemming issue.


It's a proposal to give up 2 defense rating (while remaining uncrittable) to gain 10 agility? With no other cost whatsoever?

Sure, if he could get rid of his pure defense gems through some other methods, then the swap wouldn't be as clean. But that's as simple as it gets. Anyone who's still gemming pure gems for defense shouldn't be giving up any defense-related socket bonuses.

I do agree with the Signet of Winter, though, and the weapon. The complete lack of defense on both is what's forcing him into defense gems.
Digren
Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:18 pm

Re: Am I doing something wrong?

The first person you linked, Cleópatra, is crittable. Even the resilience on her shoulders doesn't make up for the extreme loss in defense. So her gear doesn't count.

Donutmonger has overall higher iLvl gear. He also uses dual stamina trinkets, which nets him an easy 1400 health but contributes to his 2.8% less dodge than you have. Get The Black Heart and you too can make that swap. He nets about 450 health more than you from his weapon. He also gets defense from his weapon, while you get none. If you had his trinket and weapon and made some gem swaps (trading down defense for stamina) you could become a 34.5k tank with no appreciable down side.
Braundo
Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:36 pm

Re: Am I doing something wrong?

Digren wrote:The first person you linked, Cleópatra, is crittable. Even the resilience on her shoulders doesn't make up for the extreme loss in defense. So her gear doesn't count.

She has a fishing pole equipped, so I am assuming with her weapon and shield on she's probably uncrittable.
maurok
Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:04 pm

Re: Am I doing something wrong?

thanks for the replies guys.

I'm not having much luck with weapons lately... let's see if hodir decide's to drop that sweet 232 mace tomorrow =D

besides that, from your advice it would be a good option for me to take the triumph ring instead of signet of winter, and regem some defense to stamina, right?
Pizbit
Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:30 am

Re: Am I doing something wrong?

Yarp, about 5 more days and I can do the same ring swap!