Skip to content
Maintankadin

Farming BT

Guillex
Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:59 am

Farming BT

Quick question.

I finally got to neutral with Netherwing, and picked up the Netherwing Defender's Shield.

I farm BT with my PLG + Dab's + FotC.

Is it worth it to replace one of my PLG's with the quest shield? My guildies are still laughing at me whenever I pull out the PLG for instances...

So, in short, for farming: PLG + spike or Defender's + spike?
For instances: same question...

Spanks!
_________________

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."
-Verbal Kint
Guillex
Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:20 am
Yeah... I haven't been able to get over 310 sd in farming gear, which is sad... I'd have to go back ... actually, I need to go back and get my Kara trash cape for that set.

It doesn't take too long for me... And when I want to get it done a bit quicker I pop wings.

Was just wondering, because the PLG has the block DoT, the defender's doesn't, and I don't have the nightbane sd shield ... yet.
_________________

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."
-Verbal Kint
corc
Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:18 am
I like the PLG personally. It's cheap to fix and I don't take much damage with or without it.
_________________
Dwarf Pali on Ner'Zhul
"Mostly Harmless"
Bubblegirl
Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:47 pm
I 2nd the PLG shield. Cheap to repair, blocks the damage, and having 2 in the bag, cuz one breaks, you will not notice any difference.
_________________
Guillex
Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:23 pm
I'm always checking... ALWAYS...

I have a mod that displays percentages for durability on each item. Every few pulls I open up my character sheet to see if my PLG is red or not... If it is, I switch it out.
_________________

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."
-Verbal Kint
Dynaheir
Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:22 am
I'm using the Defender with +sta for tanking, since my gear still sucks overall and I'm really low on hp, and the PLG with a thorium spike.. Works fine for me, until I get the Crest of Sha'tar, I'll stick to my defender for tanking and wont waste a 18 stamina slot on a spike, which I don't really find useful when tanking instances..
_________________
Lorath
Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:39 am
PLG rocks.
I grind AOE with PLG + Felsteel Spike, BoSanc, Ret aura, DM card: Vengeance, FotC, SoW (usually)
Some 24-ish base block% iirc. Returndamage rocks Cool
_________________
Lorath, Human 70 Swedish Viking Tankadin, EU Bloodhoof
www.thefallenorder.com