Skip to content
Maintankadin

New s2 spell dmg shield wall

sindorei
Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:29 am

New s2 spell dmg shield wall

more spell dmgs/mana pool, but u lost stam.

xtra 21 stam vs 33 spell dmg and 19 intellects
what is your pick?


Merciless Gladiator's Barrier
Binds when picked up
Off Hand Shield
5727 Armor
152 Block
+27 Stamina
+19 Intellect
Durability 120 / 120
Requires Level 70
Equip: Improves your resilience rating by 27.
Equip: Increases damage and healing done by magical spells and effects by up to 33.

Merciless Gladiator's Shield Wall
Binds when picked up
Off Hand Shield
5727 Armor
152 Block
+48 Stamina
Durability 120 / 120
Requires Level 70
Equip: Improves your resilience rating by 31.

____________

edited to correct math mistake 21 stam instead of 11
_________________
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Proudmoore&n=Sindorei
Dorvan
Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:34 am
It's 21 stamina, not 11. As i'm starting arena now, the spell damage one is tempting, but I'm planning on sticking with the shield wall...it's just too much stam for me to ignore.
Warrender
Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:40 am
I think I'm going to Arena for the Barrier first and if Gruul still doesn't want to cooperate go for the Shield Wall next.
_________________
Worldie
Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:21 pm
Honestly, if you are aiming for the Arena shield, i'd prefer the Shield Wall, since anyway you are going to grab one to boost your armor-hp-block value.

For spelldamage gears, i use Nightbane's shield, and the one from badges is fine also i guess.
_________________
Mavrix
Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:01 am

heh

I have decided to wait and see what kind of itemization may or may not be coming of interest in 2.3 before spending any arena points on anything.
I have thought about the barrier vs. shield wall myself and am somewhat torn - each would have a specific usefulness in differing situations. The other question in my mind being should I just wait the additional 3-4 weeks and get the mericless gavel instead of getting one of the shields at all.
Thus, waiting until we know about 2.3 before deciding.
_________________
Mavrix
BE Tankadin
Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dalaran&n=Mavrix
Invisusira
Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:07 pm
Tanking with arena shields makes me sad =(

Tanking with healing shields is Okay though!
_________________
armory | youtube | stuff