Skip to content
Maintankadin

King's Defender Enchant - +20 AGI/Mongoose/Battlemaster?

Vencedor
Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:58 am

King's Defender Enchant - +20 AGI/Mongoose/Battlemaster?

Ok, so here's the question I'm facing.
I currently have Continuum w/ the standard 40 SD, Sun Eater with Mongoose, and recently acquired a King's Defender and wondering where I should go with the enchant.

Mongoose obviously has its plus side, 120 agi (boost in armor/avoidance) but it is a proc.

+20 Agi would be nice because it would grant a constant small armor boost and .8% dodge.

Battlemaster generates some, albeit small, threat with the proc.

Mongoose and AGI are where I'm leaning toward, but can't decide between the 2.
Is the proc really that much better than the constant agility boost? Just can't decide which would be most beneficial.

Thanks.
_________________
Vencedor
Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:12 am
While Sun Eater has excellent avoidance, KD has better stamina and it also has the armor, so it falls more inline with the thoughts of "Stack stamina and armor for more effective health."

So, I don't know if I would view it as useless, It has its own slight advantage over SE in certain situations.
_________________
fuzzygeek
Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:06 am
+2 Beastslaying imo.

BM if you want people to laugh at yoy (justified or not).

+20 agil if your current dodge is > x.2 and the .8 would give you an extra point.

Mongoose if you can afford it, because it's what all the cool kids have.
_________________
Worldie
Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:23 pm
I have the KD in my bank, not even had enchanted it. Hit rating speaks by itself, its a warrior sword.

If i would have enchanted it however, i'd have used Mongoose, since a sword like that goes in a high stam set and u would be happy to have that 5% extra dodge from procs.
_________________
Ciandin
Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:27 am
+2 Beastslaying by far, that would make many, many warriors cry.

Then again, I've enchanted all my useless "weapons" with +2 (skinning knife, mining pick, etc...)

I gave my new beer stein an Icy enchant, but it doesn't glow...at least it keeps the beer cold
Invisusira
Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:00 pm
Come ON +2??? Get plus SIX beastslaying. That is what I have on my Sun Eater and it is THE WAY TO GO!

It gives you +6 to beasts. What this means is you have 6 more threats when fighting beasts!! If you do not understand this, then I'm sorry, but you just do not understand the principles of tanking.
_________________
armory | youtube | stuff
Demiblade
Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:14 pm
It is my swap-in weapon for nasty incoming dmg fights when I already have huge threat lead. I like the extra armor and hp from it over extra dodge of Suneater.

I use it to keep SoV stack (applied with a spell dmg sword and wings popped for high ticks) refreshed. +hit on KD is just gold for that particular use. Mongoose proc is nice if you can afford it. The attack speed boost does not seem to make SoV stack chance any lower. Dodge itself is already a gamble. From a healer's standpoint, tank having a certain dodge % all the time doesn't really make you take dmg in a much more predictable fashion compared to a +120 agi Mongoose proc. I don't need +20 agi to make me stay uncrushable because I should already be there with a +40 SD spellblade.

Mongoose it, unless you can wait till the mace drop off Lurker to use as your SoV stack maintenance weapon.
_________________