Skip to content
Maintankadin

Darkmoon Card Lunacy, is it worth having Both?

Samildanach
Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:00 am

Darkmoon Card Lunacy, is it worth having Both?

Hey all, thanks for taking the time to read this. I need some advice from those ahead of me in the game. We're currently in Karazhan at the Curator-Aran area. I am the maintank in the guild but we have a close corp of tanks.

Firstly this is my main uncrushable gear set: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kul+Tiras&n=Samildanach

You will notice an empty trinket slot. Normally my Figurine of the Colossus goes in here which pushes me easily above uncrushable, unbuffed (about 1% i think).

Now I already have the Darkmoon Card: Vengeance for the 51 stam. My question is, do I need The Lunacy Card as well for another 51 stam? I have collected this whole set and it's ready to hand in, just need to goto Mulgore.

I've bought everything that i can for my smith skills, Oathkeepers, Boots of the Protector (recently acquired Very Happy), pretty much the only thing i'm saving up for now is my epic flying mount (which tbh, imo isn't all that great, been the last thing on my list). The Lunacy Deck sells for 2000-2500g on my server... should i sell it or use it?

My guild is a small one, and whilst possible, it's unlikely we'll see any 25 man action (which doesn't bother us). Is two 51 stam trinkets useful for me later in the game?

Thanks

Sam
_________________
Samildanach lvl 70 prot 0/49/12
Danathiel lvl 70 ret/holy 20/0/41
Ballin lvl 50 Holy

In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kul+Tiras&n=Samildanach
PsiVen
Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:29 am
Darkmoon Card: Vengeance does not exist. I'm sorry, but you've been misled. The Six of Furies was removed from the game.
_________________



Roll a warrior, eh? What a good idea...
kvark
Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:34 am
lunacy have been in my bags 99.99% of the time after I got it. The buffs are slightly useless since they arrive AFTER the fight is over =) Sure, on AE fights you'llget some during fights, but you're much better off with vengeance
_________________
PsiVen
Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:01 am
Yeah, I often use double stamina trinkets when I want stamina.
_________________



Roll a warrior, eh? What a good idea...
adese
Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:33 am
I have both Lunacy and Vengance - I wear them for my max stamina/boss tanking set. I can't recall how far we were through Kara once I got both cards (I think we had cleared it already, but hadn't really started 25 mans yet), but I found them very helpful to helping make my healers' job easier when we would run Kara. That extra stamina is really nice.

However, now that my guild is regularly doing 25 mans, and the DPS is geared up quite a bit, I am finding that I need to generate more threat for them to not pull aggro (especially since they are used to not pulling aggro when I am tanking, so they go all out relatively early in the fight). I am not sure about the best way to get more spell damage, but I should be getting the Arena S2 mace soon, so I am going to get that and see how that goes.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I found using both cards much more useful (since my guild's DPS wasn't geared up as much then as they are now) than I do in the 25 mans, since I just need to generate a ton more threat now. If I do end up replacing the Lunacy card with something else, it will definitely be hard to lose that +51 stamina, though.
_________________
Gracerath
Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:39 am
Another option is the violet eye exalted trinket. Not quite as much stamina but its still great for extra hps and its easy to get if you run Karazhan with any frequency. Also, the Commanders Badge from hitting revered with the netherwing is another option if you are low on cash after your epic mount purchase and can't afford the cards or if your server has bad luck with them being on the AH.
_________________
Xanatos
Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:42 am
When you're aoe grinding, the better combination would be colossus+vengeance (I suppose you could switch out vengeance for madness but personally, I prefer the damage returned from vengeance).

When you're the hateful bolt soaker in Curator fight, it helps to have both 51 stam trinkets since one of the factors which determines who he targets for the bolts is health. However, I prefer the violet badge as the second trinket for this (less stam but arc resist so I take less damage from the bolts).

Other than that, normal kara tanking would preferably have you using vengeance for stam+proc and moroes pocket watch (or some other avoidance trink) for ohshit moments.

All in all, madness is nice to have but all it does is provide another option to max your stamina.
_________________
Joanadark
Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:35 am
Spyglass of the Hidden Fleet has dropped so commonly for my guild I really can't see the justification to spend that much money on 6 more stam.

90% of the time, I like using my pocket watch in that slot instead anyway. It's nice to have "oh Sh!t" buttons.
_________________
"Misunderstanding the Tankadin is forgivable.

In many ways we are still learning to understand ourselves."

www.joanadark.tankspot.com