Skip to content
Maintankadin

Belt of the Guardian vs Girdle of the Protector

Kroda
Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:31 am

Belt of the Guardian vs Girdle of the Protector

which is better

Girdle of the Protector
904 armor +40 stam
blue and yellow socket
socket bonus +4 stam
+11 def +27 dodge +18 spell hit +23 spelldmg
cost: 60 badges

Belt of the Guardian
904 Armor +48 Stamina +13 Intellect
Red and Yellow Socket
Socket Bonus: +4 Stamina
Durability 55 / 55
Requires Level 70
+19 Def +21 spelldmg +33 block value of shield
cost: mats if your in SSC and got the drop or 1.5k to 2k from your local SSC guild
_________________
Afraithe
Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:38 am
Belt of the Guardian still wins, but not by much.

Blockvalue is important, and imo the reason why it wins, also the int is nice.
_________________
Ulushnar
Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:53 am
Aye, but since I don't have friends in any SSC/TK groups who can make it, or the 1000s of gold required to bribe them, I'll probably end up making the belt my third or fourth heroic badge purchase after the patch (after the chest, legs and maybe the cloak).
_________________
http://www.wulfsblood.com - Wow Blog

Dorvan
Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:24 am
Bascially, they're sidegrades to each other. The Heroic ones has the advantage for avoidance/threat, while the second wins out for blocking/stamina. Neither's a clear winner, but if you've got one it's probably not worth going after the other.
Radience
Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:06 am
Iron-tusk Girdle
904 Armor
+45 Stamina
Blue Socket
Yellow Socket
Socket Bonus: +3 Dodge Rating
Equip: Increases defense rating by 21.
Equip: Increases your dodge rating by 33.

I'd prefer pure avoidance/stamina belt.
_________________
dern
Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:24 am
I'll keep the guardian for my standard and threat sets, and maybe add the iron tusks for those times I'm thrown in the corner with a mob for a minute or so with one lagging healer Smile

I really, really need that new heroics badges cloak Smile I'm so happy there are more options for me now, the new 70s won't understand why the hell many of us have run kara so many times /lol (I still need the neck off the maiden I guess /sigh)
khash
Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:43 am
to me it looks like the new one is better for single boss tanking with the spell hit and the dodge
_________________
Kayoto
Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:16 am
Belt of the Guardian for trash, Girdle of the Protector for bosses. Seems simple enough.
_________________