If, as most tanks will attest to, threat isn't an issue and WoG is borderline OP wouldn't a weapon like Maldo's Sword Cane seem like a good survivability choice? It has mastery for block and crit is semi-useful (and can be reforged to dodge or parry).
The only question is whether the additional healing from the spell dmg is greater than the parry or dodge lost due to no str or agil and outright itemization.
I know the threat is low as stated in Theck's Matlab thread. But once you build a lead, switching to it might result in more survivability (I'll leave that to the number crunchers to decide if so). And late in the fight, your dmg/threat might be about even since Hammer of Wrath does more dmg w/ a caster weapon than melee.
If you do the math, don't forget to add in extra healing from SoI procs. I'd assume you'd be using it in a survivability situation.
Just trying to think outside the box.
Fulgur
Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:20 pm
