econ21 wrote:Hit capping gives us an excuse to bring out our best 346 threat weapon - cookie's tenderiser. And slap on a pyrium weapon chain (excellent for pvp).
The Umbris band is great for hit rating - IIRC, it has significantly more mastery than the agility one. (The Red Rock ring is similar with regard to expertise).
The JP legs and BS shield also have a healthy amount of hit.
As a pre-raid tank, I find equipping these items (and not reforging hit) has an almost negligible cost over the alternatives. They are close to the best available. The main cost to me is sacrificing a mastery trinket for a hit one.
To begin with you're about as 'pre-raid' as I am. You're what, 352? I'm 354. Lack of people to raid with, not gear, makes us pre-raid.
I shopped a BoE chest with hit-rating instead of expertise (ie the crafted chest has expertise), because it came with two yellow gem slots allowing me to slap on 80 mastery while still getting myself the hit-capped set I wanted for those occasional bosses. Iceborne Hauberk or something like that. Most likely regarded as a piece of junk for tanks.
Once gain I want to give a pointer to how good it is to shop extra copies of reputation gear as you can mess them up without regard to how they'll fit into other sets.
To a large degree this is true for JP gear as well, even though the risk here is that you have exactly ONE ilevel 359 piece dropped covering that slot, which forces you to run a downgrade to do a specific task.