I'm half way to my third T11 piece (after chest and hands) and wondering whether to get the Ret or Prot legs. I'm a tier 3 tank (average item level 352) - looking to start raiding (first Cata raid event appeared on the guild calendar this morning, woot!).
http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=60357;60347
The attraction of the ret legs is that they are better for combat table coverage. They also come with hit, which to me is no longer a wasted stat - I would use it when I needed to interrupt or in a threat set. Indeed, I'd probably not even reforge the hit until and unless doing so would get me to 102.4%.
The prot legs will give more melee damage reduction, 30 more stamina and get me faster to the 4 pc bonus.
A rather tricksy point is that I'd have more chance getting prot legs than ret legs from BH, as I'd be rolling for main spec. However, it's long odds either way (I did get the hands as a drop though, so lottery winners do sometimes win!).
I guess my decision will depend on how easy it will be to get one token for either the helm or shoulders. Without considering a token, right now I'm inclined to go for the ret legs. I never did get any wotlk tier tokens despite killing Saurfang on a weekly basis for a several months. Can someone spell out how likely it is to get tokens - which bosses drop them; how hard the bosses are; for 10 man raids, is it as simple as 10% drop chance per kill?
More generally, what do other people think about the tier leg choice?
econ21
Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:29 am
