Skip to content
Maintankadin

Cookie's Tenderizer

golfinguy
Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:22 pm

Cookie's Tenderizer

A thread of no real significance, but...

As of patch 4.0.6, Cookie's Tenderizer no longer looks like a rolling pin - the graphic was changed to another mace of some sort.

Very disappointing, I loved the previous look. Sad face here.
lythac
Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:36 pm

Re: Cookie's Tenderizer

Whilst possibly against the EULA (likely) I remember someone had an addon (or adjusted files) that swaps models around.

I thought it was to show the female T8 chest with midriff showing but it seems to be that way on wowhead's model viewer. Or to have one of the Wrath tier sets with/without skirt.

Against the EULA as you can use it too your advantage.



In 4.0.6 having a spare Cookie's Tenderizer with weapon chain is a decent thing for a 10 man raider for Rebuking.
Nikachelle
Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:52 pm

Re: Cookie's Tenderizer

lythac wrote:Whilst possibly against the EULA (likely) I remember someone had an addon (or adjusted files) that swaps models around.

I thought it was to show the female T8 chest with midriff showing but it seems to be that way on wowhead's model viewer. Or to have one of the Wrath tier sets with/without skirt.

That was Invis. The original model of the T8 chest was tummy exposing plate. Then they made it a full chest. Then they went back to belly plate, which is the current state of it. Invis made a model patch that changed it back to the original model when Blizzard decided to make it a full chestpiece. That itself is not against the EULA.
lythac
Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:56 pm

Re: Cookie's Tenderizer

I thought it was.

Can he make a special one for female dwarfs for me?
bldavis
Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:00 pm

Re: Cookie's Tenderizer

lythac wrote:I thought it was.

Can he make a special one for angry little women for me?
Nikachelle
Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:01 pm

Re: Cookie's Tenderizer

You two terrify me.
bldavis
Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:05 pm

Re: Cookie's Tenderizer

Nikachelle wrote:You two terrify me.

lol
coming from someone married (or engaged, idr which) to invis...
im not sure if i am to be worried or honored.... :twisted:
Nikachelle
Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:16 pm

Re: Cookie's Tenderizer

Ugh lythac. Ugh.
lythac
Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:24 pm

Re: Cookie's Tenderizer

That was my Valentines!

No girl and no guild. Only that for comfort.
bldavis
Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:33 pm

Re: Cookie's Tenderizer

lythac wrote:That was my Valentines!

No girl and no guild. Only that for comfort.

why do i want a popsicle all of a sudden?
lythac
Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:41 pm

Re: Cookie's Tenderizer

bldavis wrote:
lythac wrote:That was my Valentines!

No girl and no guild. Only that for comfort.

why do i want a popsicle all of a sudden?


Just as long as you don't want a pre 4.0.6 Cookie's Tenderizer.



But I stand by my earlier comment. Whilst I had looked at Cookie's Tenderizer at being a predominately threat weapon (so not particularly useful) the fact the threat stat (not counting the slower speed) is hit does make it a decent addition to a 10 man raiders arsenal as with a weapon chain provides needed hit for Rebuke.
Chanserv
Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:41 am

Re: Cookie's Tenderizer

Cookie's Tenderizer is now worst in slot due to this change. :evil:
golfinguy
Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:43 am

Re: Cookie's Tenderizer

Someone apparently posted on the official forums, and got a blue response. LOL - wasn't me :wink:

But seriously, to show enchants? I care? NO.


http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1583 ... tenderizer

This item, lately, became the favorite item on my warrior for tanking. It has quite okay stats, I would have been able to swap it for better one many times, but what made it my favorite one was the looks of it. Hooray, finally I was able to use the rolling pin without having to use the normal dead mines one! It specially did fit on my tabard, made me look like a total housewife male.

Anyhow, on the recent patch, the item looks were changed. Now it is just a mace with spikes.

I ask, WHY was this change so important to implement? It is a heroic weapon, one that wont be used for long if you raid, and you got tons of other weapons, even from heroics, to replace it with (if the looks really horrify you that much). But you just had to ruin the fun and uniqueness of this weapon by making it a (lame) spiked mace.

I demand an explanation, why on earth would you change something like that. Who was this picky, and did anyone even complain?

Cookie’s Tenderizer is a rather unique item indeed... Currently it is considered a pre-raiding best-in-slot item and therefore we feel it important that it can be sheathed and that any enchants on it are shown, which is something that currently isn't possible with the rolling pin model. It would take quite a bit of work to make the rolling pin work properly, so although the model for the heroic version has been changed, one should never dismiss the possibility that we may see the rolling pin model return.

If you are interested in this item just for the rolling pin looks, you can still get the non-heroic version: Cookie's Tenderizer
tullock
Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:27 am

Re: Cookie's Tenderizer

I spent 25 thousand gold on a soul blade just so i wouldnt have to hit things in the face with a rolling pin. Hated that model.
golfinguy
Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:30 am

Re: Cookie's Tenderizer

tullock wrote:I spent 25 thousand gold on a soul blade just so i wouldnt have to hit things in the face with a rolling pin. Hated that model.


Bludgeoning things with a rolling pin is almost as righteous as slapping them with a fish. To each his own. :P
Darthpaxis
Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:39 am

Re: Cookie's Tenderizer

Rubber Chicken FTW!
bldavis
Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: Cookie's Tenderizer

golfinguy wrote:
tullock wrote:I spent 25 thousand gold on a soul blade just so i wouldnt have to hit things in the face with a rolling pin. Hated that model.


Bludgeoning things with a rolling pin is almost as righteous as slapping them with a fish. To each his own. :P

i think it would have been funny to be smacking mobs with my rolling pin on my female dranei warrior

even better though if i had a female dwarf pally/warrior :lol:
CecilDiesel
Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:01 am

Re: Cookie's Tenderizer

I had the rolling pin for a very long time. I loved it, loved beatig people with it.

When i logged in after the patch i thought something was wrong with my ui, but at last, others asked, "Why you got rid of your rolling pin?" Was very diappointed. They could at least made it look like a spiked rolling pin or something, thiis mace looks like poo.

I luckly got a Soul Blade a day or two after from a BoT trash run.

I am however keeping the pin in my bank just incase they change it back.
yappo
Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:51 am

Re: Cookie's Tenderizer

I geared with it for everything. It was one of the very, very, very few items where I totally disregarded what would actually have been optimal to use.

Then it went boring mace and I started swapping between weapons, because there was no longer any reason to care.

THAT was how epically best the old graphics was for me.