Skip to content
Maintankadin

I can get to block cap now, should I ?

Korimoor
Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:24 pm

I can get to block cap now, should I ?

Im now at a gear level where I can gem mastery and hit 100% cap against a 88 lvl boss (102.4)
My question is should I bite the bullet and just do it ? I am currently at 97.44% ctc against a 88 boss. I dont flask. I use the mastery elixir and food. What is keeping me from doing this is...
1. My hitpoints will go below 170k raid buffed
2. There is quite a bit of magic damage
3. My windwalking enchant is giving me 3% dodge a little over 40% of the time which then covers me (97.44 +3) 40% of the time. I spec 2/2 into reckoning to help with the uptime.
4. A full hit in Cata now does not kill you right off so while 100% coverage is awesome, it seems like it is not as important as it was in previous expansions
5. On fights like Nef and Chogall and Heroic Halfus, I HAVE to interupt. My hit is at 1.5%
_________________________

The only answer Im afraid of getting is "it depends" :) Basically, should I go ahead and change my last puissants to pure mastery and my last chimera's eye to mastery? I dont like my health shooting down so what Im hoping for is a definitive answer one way or another. Currently I am being a ***** and not commiting either way.

armory here:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/D ... r/advanced

Thanks
inthedrops
Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:53 pm

Re: I can get to block cap now, should I ?

Quite honestly, I think you should have this discussion with your healing team and see how they feel about it. Treckie recently did some experiments and posted his experience. Don't quote me, but I believe it was along the lines of "didn't make a huge impact one way or the other" with the exception that there was a fight or two where he stayed high stamina (Sinestra I believe was one).

Talk to your healers, work with them on it and let them help you decide.
Awyndel
Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:06 am

Re: I can get to block cap now, should I ?

It won't make a huge difference untill you can actually reliably have the cap all the time, and have enough gear to compensate for the health problem. It's also much more usefull for fights with huge physical damage.

I use it on most fights myself, except for conclave hc. But I haven't cleared all hcs yet. I also have a bit more health to go with it.

If your raid is making you interupt with 1.5% hit, there is something wrong with your tactics.

You could easily cap in your current gear. Just buy the boe shield and regem a bit.
yappo
Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:14 am

Re: I can get to block cap now, should I ?

Come the patch you'll interrupt just fine with 0 hit.
Téuntjûh
Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:24 am

Re: I can get to block cap now, should I ?

I was on interupting before 4.1 too, had to save my AS and Rebuke then popped em both to interupt.
So happy we can't miss anymore now since the patch!
hammilton
Thu May 05, 2011 1:43 am

Re: I can get to block cap now, should I ?

:idea: a tankadin shal Never gem stamina :!: .

1:Regem your`e gloves to 1x 20mastery 20hit and 1x 40 mastery
2:Regem your`e waist to 1x67 mastery and 1x40 mastery
3:Regem your`e legs to 1x20 parry 20 mastery keep the 1x67 mastery
4:Regem your`e trinket to 1x40 mastery
5:Rege your`e 1x40 mastery 1x20 parry 20 mastery
6:Regem your`e chest to 1x20 mastery 20hit and 1x20 parry 20 mastery
7:Regem your`e shoulder to 1x40 mastery
8:Regem your`e head to 1x20 parry 20 mastery

:arrow: follow these advises and you will make you`e healer`s realy happy when healing you on ex HC atramedes and soon :!:

Btw, ye cant gem the same way`s as DK`s :!:

enchant wrist +50 mastery

buffed you should have minmum 21 exp and 5.78%+ hit :!:



ph=physical hit (%)
exp=expertise (skill)
ww.dodge=time-averaged (bonus) dodge chance (%)

ww.dodge@2/2Reck ww.dodge@0/2Reck
ph=0,exp=0 0.7929 0.7272
ph=8,exp=0 0.8615 0.7913
ph=8,exp=26 0.9467 0.8689
RedAces
Thu May 05, 2011 7:33 am

Re: I can get to block cap now, should I ?

wat?!
bldavis
Thu May 05, 2011 9:29 am

Re: I can get to block cap now, should I ?

RedAces wrote:wat?!
Jeremoot
Sat May 07, 2011 9:24 am

Re: I can get to block cap now, should I ?

RedAces wrote:wat?!
tlitp
Sat May 07, 2011 12:07 pm

Re: I can get to block cap now, should I ?

Spambot. I've actually recognized the last part. :P
RedAces
Sat May 07, 2011 2:39 pm

Re: I can get to block cap now, should I ?

hey,

wow what a dumb one ... he (kinda) posted ontopic - no ads - no shady links to keylogger sites... I'm disappointed!

Bye, RedAces.