Skip to content
Maintankadin

Quick Reforging Question

UnlikelyStory
Tue May 31, 2011 2:47 am

Quick Reforging Question

Right, I have the basics with gems and general reforging. However when balancing your dodge and parry stats, what are you aiming for? The percentages to be as close together as possible or the ratings to be as close together as possible?

For example, currently I have dodge at 12% and parry at 12.86% with ratings of 1516 and 1506 respectively. Is this okay or should I be reforging to get the percentages close together? Stumped a little.
lythac
Tue May 31, 2011 3:22 am

Re: Quick Reforging Question

Parry should be ~1% higher than dodge raid buffed, it as at that point the DRs are the same on both.

Base Parry is 5%, base dodge is 3.8%(??) which is where that ~1% comes from.
KaDa
Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:59 am

Re: Quick Reforging Question

Ofc since in 4.2 base dodge got buffed to 5%, now you should aim for equal amounts raidbuffed (BoK and Horn of Winter add parry, ignoring any on-proc stuff like the wep enchant for the sake of simplicity).
Jeremoot
Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:11 am

Re: Quick Reforging Question

Yes, aim for equal percentages after raid buffs.

EDIT: Although at the time this thread was posted, Lythac's reply was true. I didn't see that it was an old thread.