Re: Gear Sets
With 4.2 incoming, I have re-evaluated my gearsets and can't see much use in them. I only have 359 gear, but almost all the variation I would use would come down to trinket swops.
With my standard survival gear, I can get more or less hit and soft expertise capped against L85 mobs (i.e. most 5 man trash) by just substituting in a hit trinket. I don't see much point in having a threat set for higher level foes (i.e. 5 man bosses and raids).
For wotlk, I created a "dps tank" gearset for facerolling heroics which was great fun, but I am not sure it is worth duplicating that now. If you PUG a 5 man, you still might end up struggling and I would feel silly dying just to boost my dps meter as a tank. Maybe a project at the tail end of 4.3 or something.
I did have fun inadvertently doing Ahune in my ProtPVP gear, however.