The Problem:
I am having major threat issues that I didn't seem to have before.
What happens:
I do a lot of trash farms in Fire Lands for rep and gear, and I am noticing that all of of the other tanks seem to pull off of me ie. I tank the big scorpion while a bear tanks the little ones on top of me (To distribute the dmg). Also on trash pulls like the spiders/ dogs. This also happens with single target mobs, like the magma lords with the stacking debuff. When it is my turn to taunt, the other tank has to stop all dps to prevent from pulling off of me. (Pally guildie [He is using same rotation], Warrior, Druid)
I am however second in threat, but the highest dps is not very far off, and if they pull around 18k dps they continually pull off of me
Things that I do / Have tried:
-Usually I tank single targets in raids such as a raid boss, or AOE tank mobs that really aren't being hit right off the bat. This was never an issue in 4.1
- I have not changed my priority list from 4.1 to 4.2 which is (HoW > SotR/Inq [3hp] > CS/HotR > AS > Judge > HW > Cons) I barely ever use cons.
- My dps seems to be about 13-14k for aoe trash, and 6-8k for single target
- In 4.1 I took Glyph of Focused Shield to help my single target dps/threat since 90% of the time I was tanking a single target boss. However, I have changed back to HW glyph since there are more elemental in fire Lands and a lot more AOE pulls.
- I have SoT glyph for 10 exp for a total of 14, and my hit is about 1.14%
- My initial pull for bosses looks like, (Pop Divine plea, Exorcism, (While they are running to me) AS, SotR, Normal single target rotation). Fore AOE tanking it is If DP is up Inq, if not, HotR, HW, HotR, AS (Now that it is unglyphed) HotR, Inq, aoe rotation.) NOTE: My Avenging wrath is macroed into my SotR and Crusader strike, so it is up 100% of the time when it is off CD and is popped right before I Do the first SotR.
Questions:
- Is this the case for other pally tanks?
-Is there a new pally rotation for 4.2 somewhere i'm missing (I have searched the forums and didn't find anything.)
-Should I stick with Focused Shield for my boss threat?
-Should I start using Cons more? And if so do I take hollowed ground?
-Is it an issue with gear? (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... din/simple)
NOTES:
I have copied Theck's spec and glyphs as I trust his judgement.
failtankadin
Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:55 pm
