Skip to content
Maintankadin

My 2 Fav Tanking Trinkets &Why

2Cute2BeStr8
Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:24 am

My 2 Fav Tanking Trinkets &Why

Obviously tanking trinkets can be vary depending on the situation. My go to trinkets for the time being are the two revered trinkets.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=69002#sold-by

http://www.wowhead.com/item=68996

Now here is why. Number one I"m a big fan of double mastery trinkets but I was very confused on which ones to use.

I always love the TB trinket for the on use magic damage CD. However I also kind of liked the Spindles 17k absorb shield if/when I got below 35% HP. I always tried to use one Mastery Trinket with an on use dodge trinket. I decided that Stay of Execution was my best on use trinket as it is guaranteed mitigation, and I simply reforged the dodge to mastery.

What made me decide to use Essence of The Eternal Flame as my mastery trinket was when I started using golemblood potions for my potions. 1200 Str gives approximately 2.5 percent parry. Not to mention a good static damage increase, and an increase to AP increasing WoG heals. I made this macro.

#showtooltip
/cast Shield of the Righteous
/use Reinforced Sapphirium Handguards ( 480 Str for 12 second)
/use Essence of the Eternal Flame (1277 Str for 15 seconds)

So overall I end up with a lot more AP throughout majority of the fight and I end up getting more use out of my glove enchant because it does not put my Stay of Execution on CD. Which was a big problem with using them before is that it would put my on use Dodge Trinket on CD.

Is this the best combo? Depends on the fight for sure, but overall this is the best trinket combination that I have come up with. You end up with a decent chunk of strength most of the fight and literally the best part about Stay of Execution is that it doesn't go on CD from using the gloves which makes our engineering tinker useful!
Solare
Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:27 pm

Re: My 2 Fav Tanking Trinkets &Why

I'm sorry, outside of the 28.35% of strength going into parry rating, what is the point of any strength proc? Threat is very nearly a non-issue 20 seconds into a fight, and even then, if your hunters/mages/warlocks/etc remember they have a feign death/invis/soul shatter/etc button; it STILL shouldn't be an issue. Engineers have an armor proc glove enchant, do they not? Armor isn't what it used to be, but I'll bet it does more for you overall than any equal amount of strength. And a strength-proc trinket? For shame. How could you ignore the Mirror of Broken Images? Loads of mastery and a huge resistance buff on-use in an instance MADE OUT OF FIRE. I can count on one hand the number of fights where extra resistance doesn't come in handy at some point, and that's including t11.

So again, I must ask you, with all due respect, why do you value strength procs?
2Cute2BeStr8
Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:49 am

Re: My 2 Fav Tanking Trinkets &Why

The armor glove enchant puts mirror and dodge trinket on CD. So you can't reliably use that or just macro it to an ability because then a dodge trinket/resist trinket go on CD.

Also I'm getting basically getting between 1 and 2.5 percent parry 50 percent of the fight with this set up ( not to mention a tad more mastery than TB trinket). Basically for 27 seconds of every minute I'm getting free avoidance.

I mean its definitely debatable.
Lieris
Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:12 am

Re: My 2 Fav Tanking Trinkets &Why

Solare wrote:I'm sorry, outside of the 28.35% of strength going into parry rating, what is the point of any strength proc? Threat is very nearly a non-issue 20 seconds into a fight, and even then, if your hunters/mages/warlocks/etc remember they have a feign death/invis/soul shatter/etc button; it STILL shouldn't be an issue. Engineers have an armor proc glove enchant, do they not? Armor isn't what it used to be, but I'll bet it does more for you overall than any equal amount of strength. And a strength-proc trinket? For shame. How could you ignore the Mirror of Broken Images? Loads of mastery and a huge resistance buff on-use in an instance MADE OUT OF FIRE. I can count on one hand the number of fights where extra resistance doesn't come in handy at some point, and that's including t11.

So again, I must ask you, with all due respect, why do you value strength procs?


Strength buffs are useful on Alys and Baleroc and aren't half bad on Rhyolith either what with the rapidly spawning adds and a frantic P2.
Solare
Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:28 pm

Re: My 2 Fav Tanking Trinkets &Why

Lieris wrote:
Strength buffs are useful on Alys and Baleroc and aren't half bad on Rhyolith either what with the rapidly spawning adds and a frantic P2.

Which are gimmick encounters, and for those, I add a lot more dps gear than just trinkets. But when I'm not trying to chase WoL parses, and my survivability matters, it's irresponsible to choose trinkets with a strength proc.