Last night I put together a set that incorporates T12 2pc Ret/3pc Prot that exchanges 20% CTC for hard cap hit and expertise (yes, 56 expertise, and yes, horrible things are done to hit that mark). The set uses a reforged Fury of Angerforge for 128 expertise rating, which isn't optimal, but is fun because, hey, imadragon.
In late T12 it's pretty trivial to get 8/26 and preserve CTC. I may rework a set to do this for kicks, now that I think about it.
Edit: I can't quite do it. 6.06% hit, 26 Expertise, 100.39 CTC unbuffed, 15.45% dodge, 15.38% parry, 64.56% block.
The constraint is: no reforging CTC stats into hit/xpt, no gemming for hit/xpt, and must be a set I'd feel comfortable doing heroic raiding in. There's just not quite enough hit on the tanking gear. I'm a couple hundred VP short of being able to buy another set of Ret gloves to see if I can't do something with that, but I think I'd still be at 7.54% hit. Maybe swap in an Obsidium Cleaver (+0.87% hit)? Which goes over 8%. Either of those approaches would require some significant re-gemming (maybe just swapping from Bold Eyes to Fractured would suffice).
The set consists of (all sockets matched, yellow=frac, blue=puis/solid, red=fine)
T12 hat (parry->mastery)
h.Firebound Gorget (unforged (xpt))
h.T12 shoulders (unforged (hit))
h.Dreadfire Drape (unforged (hit))
h.T12 chest (dodge->mastery)
h.Bracers of the Fiery Path (parry->dodge)
h.T12 gloves (unforged)
h.Uncrushable Belt of Fury (expertise->hit)
h.T12 pants (unforged)
h.Cracked Obsidian Stompers (expertise->hit)
Adamantine Signet of the Avengers (unforged (hit))
h.Theck's Emberseal (unforged (hit))
Stay of Execution (dodge->mastery)
h.Spidersilk Spindle (unforged)
h.Mandible of Beth'tilac (unforged)
h.Shard of Torment (parry->mastery)
h.Deathclutch Figurine (unforged)
Swapping H.Mandible for n.Cleaver brings it to 6.94% hit and 99.90 CTC (still capped raidbuffed using elixirs, I think).
Swapping in a hit trinket would also make this easy, but would be breaking the rules.
It's an interesting set. I don't think I'm going to keep it -- I prefer my 17/17 setup. I'll just wear my newly minted 2p/3p set for parse hunting and tell my healers to wake up for a change
