Skip to content
Maintankadin

Another dodge/parry question

Rorschach
Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:28 pm

Another dodge/parry question

Hi

I tried to find an answer to this question without success

I know the "even dodge and parry rating strategy" but, I read many places that it's only stats from gear (ie: gear, enchant, reforge, and gem) that is subject to DR.

I realized, while looking at playerscore, which show "from gear stats" that I may have way too much dodge than parry, even though MrRobot says my gear is optimal.

I manually calculated parry and dodge stats from gear (stats, enchant, reforge and gem):
2201 dodge
1331 parry

In my toon's window (with BoK and dodge food):
2291 dodge (16.24%)
2383 parry (16.61%)
64.82% block

Armory:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... h/advanced

Which one should I even ? from gear or stats in toon window ?
Torias
Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: Another dodge/parry question

You balance the numbers so that your character sheet dodge and parry are equal (or close to) when fully buffed. As it stands, 16.24 and 16.61 is pretty good.

If you account for your Strength when you manually calculate your Dodge and Parry you should see that they are equal. 2291 = 2201 you calculated + 90 from food. I'm guessing you'd find that the 1052 parry rating gap comes from your strength + BoK.

Finally, Mr. Robot's stat balancing is actually very good. Generally speaking if it says you're optimised you're pretty close, with a degree of accuracy which is generally more than adequate even for the highest levels of content.

All in all, you're good. Just keep doing what you're doing.
Rorschach
Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:34 am

Re: Another dodge/parry question

Thanks for your input

So parry from gear strength is affected by DR too ?
KysenMurrin
Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:41 am

Re: Another dodge/parry question

Yeah. Strength gives you Parry rating, and it's the conversion from rating -> chance that suffers diminishing returns.
Rorschach
Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:51 am

Re: Another dodge/parry question

That's the part I didn't know

I knew str was giving parry rating, but didn't know it's affected by DR

Thanks again