Okay so 4.3 is around the corner and in a logical choice my guild has asked me to reroll to protection as having 1 warrior and 1 paladin tanking is better than having 2 warriors. So over the last 3 weeks I have been playing prot on the ptr and this reset tanked 6/7 hc, having tanked Rag hc the previous reset.
While the actual tanking is under control i've been spending my time researching gear options, consumables, tactics to make sure i'm ready to perform at the highest level for the new content.
My problem is a lack of practice with the theory of prot and i'm hoping that I can get some help here. I'll post my armory for convenience
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/j ... kzz/simple
What im wondering is, is there a best option to follow when preparing my gear? I'm talking about things like to go Mastery elixirs and use a health trinket or just go double mastery (obviously some fights using the TB trinket is godly and i can just grab a flask if i use it). Is there an overall majority leaning to certain gear set ups? Like Rag shoulders as the off set piece, no 4 set etc.
What food buff should I use if I run double mastery trinks and don't need the mastery food, or just regem to make it useful?
I know my gear isn't perfect but hopefully the loot gods will finally bless me with another glove token and my damn shannox belt before 4.3 hits. Is there a theoretical BiS for prot like for Ret (in a general sense, obviously like i said above swapping trinkets for resist or something like that excluded)
While I don't think I'll be flamed here as the community seems amazing I do want to point out that up until now prot has been nothing more than a way to avoid ques for dungeons to me so I'm highly behind on the more finesse areas, having spent all of 4.2 learning how to be amazing at ret, prot wasn't something to worry about at the time.
Also as a final note, gold is no issue. If rerolling proffs, stacking my bags with elixirs etc is what will give me an edge then my bags will be full with months of supplies as fast as I can get them from the AH
Thanks for reading any of this
Fulkzz
Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:43 pm
