The goal of this post is to ask other tanks what trinket combinations are best to use on different boss fights in Dragon Soul.
If this is just a forum searching fail on my part a moderator can delete the thread.
I am part of a 10man team and I am looking for advice that can help me make things easier on our healers / improve our chances of success. I would call us decent to good, but by no means hard-core raiders on the bleeding edge. Here is a link to my character profile: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... cow/simple
I am trying to gear/gem around 1 stamina + 1 mastery trinket since I feel it provides more flexibility to swap trinkets around for each boss fight. One caveat is that I have not even tried any heroic modes yet so I have no idea if damage output pushes gearing towards more stamina or trinkets with strong On-Use/Proc abilities.
So here is my current general pupose goal:
Stamina Trinket - Veil of Lies (Stam for effective health with dodge proc that lessens overall incoming melee damage)
Fire of the Deep (melee on use) or Mirror of Broken Images (resistance on use)
Are there any boss fights in Dragon Soul where Mirror of Broken Images or Indomitable Pride are extremely strong? For example I could see Indomitable Pride being very strong for a tank eating Ultraxion "Hour of Twilight". For general purposes Veil of Lies would seem to provide better overall stamina/damage reduction combination.
And just so the other non-heroic alternatives are listed in 1 place.
Stamina Trinkets
1. Veil of Lies (ilvl 378) - 575 Stamina, Proc 1149 Dodge (45sec Inner CD)
In reality 44% uptime adding about 6-7% dodge after diminishing returns
2. Indomitable Pride (ilvl 397) - 687 Stamina, Proc "Attacks which reduce your health below 50% grant you an absorb shield equal to 50% of the damage done by the attack for 6 sec. This effect cannot trigger more often than once every 60 sec."
Ranking it a close second, but concerned about the proc size depending on HP
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=32286
3. Scales of Life (ilvl 378) - 575 Stamina, On-Use 17095 heal IF YOU'VE BEEN OVERHEALED CONSISTENTLY (1 min CD)
Unfortunately, I often find this "buff" is lost when I need it most. Could also just be a tank failure on my part.
4. Vial of Stolen Memories (ilvl 359) - 482 Stamina, On-Use 1605 Dodge 20 sec (2 min CD)
5. Moonwell Phial (ilvl 365) - 510 Stamina, On-Use 1700 Dodge 20 sec, but you can not move (2 min CD)
6. Soulshifter Vortex (ilvl 397) - 687 Stamina, Proc 2904 Mastery (Bad trinket is still just bad if you're a paladin tank)
Mastery / Dodge Trinkets
1. Fire of the Deep (ilvl 397) - 458 Mastery, On-Use 2290 Dodge 15 sec (90 sec CD)
2. Mirror of Broken Images (ilvl 359) - 321 Mastery, On-Use 400 Resistance (1 min CD)
3. Stay of Execution (ilvl 378) - 383 Dodge, On-Use mini Divine Protection (2 min CD)
Edited Dec 13, 2011
Probably the strongest "oh-crap" On-Use tank trinket available because it is guaranteed damage reduction
(thanks for pointing this out fuzzygeek)
4. Spidersilk Spindle (ilvl 378) - 383 Mastery, Proc 17,905 damage shield when melee attack drops you below 35% (1 min Inner CD)
5. Resolve of Undying (ilvl 397) - "Your melee attacks grant 88 dodge rating for the next 10 sec, stacking up to 10 times."
Original
Not really sure about this one, but not really thrilled about a pure RNG based trinket.
Edited Dec 13, 2011 (thanks to feedback and poor explanation of what I meant by "RNG")
Not really sure about this one. The avoidance is nice and it has 100% uptime, but I feel that a little more stamina instead of 3.43% higher chance to dodge (thanks Maklesh) would give better chance of surviving burst damage if you don't dodge it. There is no On-Use effect. Here is another way to look at it (assuming a tank has both trinkets available). If the goal is to reduce incoming melee damage over a long time, Veil of Lies gives roughly 4.5% dodge 44% of the time + Effective Health gain from stamina vs Resolve of Undying giving 3.4% dodge 100% of the time.
6. Essence of the Eternal Flame (ilvl 378) - 383 Master, On-Use 1277 strength (1 min CD)
Thanks in Advance!
Edited Dec 13, 2011
Edited Dec 14, 2011 (fixed typo on Veil of Lies dodge proc after dim returns)
Didicow
Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:00 pm
