Skip to content
Maintankadin

BoA Weapons

Skye1013
Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:47 am

BoA Weapons

Ok, so I just started a fresh pally to level up with some friends and I have the caster BoA mace on him, because I don't have the JP at the moment to grab the tanking sword.

My question, does anyone know at what point the caster mace becomes too much of a loss in stats/dps/threat over a non-caster weapon? Obviously it wouldn't take very long to farm up the JP, but if I was being lazy, I'm just curious if there is a level point where it becomes highly undesirable.
bldavis
Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:09 am

Re: BoA Weapons

i think you should be fine til around your mid 20s - 30s at least
Torias
Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:31 am

Re: BoA Weapons

Having just leveled every tank class to 85 again I'd say that you could easily get by not having a "proper" tanking weapon until Northrend, but you would probably be better served using any decent drops you get rather than the caster mace of course.
Skye1013
Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:24 am

Re: BoA Weapons

Currently he's level 19, and I know SP is still kind of useful for some things, especially WoG/Exorcism (not that I hard cast exo that often while tanking, unless I'm just really bored.)
Digren
Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: BoA Weapons

On my bank mule, I chose to use [Belbi's Eyesight Enhancing Romance Goggles] exclusively. In Ironforge back in the day, it made it much easier to see the banker to have all other players be gnomes. And it's not just players - all humanoid mobs are gnomes. He kind of wonders where this massive gnome infestation game from, all over the planet and outlands, but he's done his best to suppress it.

Anyway, so I needed to level up his trade skills, so he's like level 75 now. Not having a helmet still doesn't hurt that much.

(Sure a weapon is a little worse if it generates a portion of your DPS, but anyway, I thought it was a slightly relevant story.) :D
lythac
Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:45 am

Re: BoA Weapons

Don't think it is worth grinding the JP for the tanking Heirloom. Also the caster mace is probably better than drops you will be getting as It doesn't sacrifice any weapon DPS to gain SP unlike normal SP weapons. See here -

Theorycrafting Heirloom weapons for Tankadin leveling