I've been pondering a few things regarding on-use trinkets recently, and I'm uncertain about their usefulness beyond the magical 102.4%. Additionally, I'm uncertain how the RNG works w/r to when a parry, a dodge, or a block takes place.
Let's assume that I, fully raid buffed, sit at exactly 102.4% CTC. I equip a stam trinket of choice, alongside Fire of the Deep (458 mastery, on-use 2290 dodge for 15 seconds, 1:30 cooldown). I understand that once I pop my trinket, the "flat mastery" equivalent of the 2290 dodge gets shoved out of the picture, and is essentially "wasted" for the duration of the effect, how does the game practically and technically deal with this? Will any block in that bit of my avoidance turn into a full dodge, or what?
One of the reasons I'm curious about this is the trinket choices I've been using on Baleroc HC for our farm nights recently. I use the Moonwell Phial (to dodge Decimation Blades), and the Mirror of Broken Images (to mitigate the fire damage from his Inferno Blades more effectively and smoothly), but I have to wonder how any additional avoidance supercedes standard mitigation/block when 102.4% CTC is reached.
Hope this wasn't too difficult to understand; it's a little hard to put my concern in words - thanks in advance.
Mirawen
Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:28 pm
