Skip to content
Maintankadin

Don't know what to do...

trebla57
Wed May 30, 2012 4:23 am

Don't know what to do...

Okay, ever since I became CTC capped I have been slowly getting rid of my Stam/Mastery green gems that fit in blue sockets to pure stam gems. I thought gemming dodge would not be the way to go because of diminishing returns, plus more stam helps mitigate spell damage while dodge does not. I just want to know if I am doing the right thing?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... e/advanced

There is also the issue of my latest +101 stam gem in my new glove tier piece ... I normally take socket bonus' this is actually the first time I have ever not taken one, should I do something about that or am I just being anal?
Solare
Wed May 30, 2012 10:29 am

Re: Don't know what to do...

I've been using Scales of Life as my second stamina trinket instead of doing a whole lot of gem conversion, since it has a nice secondary effect when you link it to your WoG. But yeah, you have it right, stamina is the most beneficial stat to increase once you have a nice CTC cap spread... possibly even before it, considering all the unblockable/magic damage in DS.

The Devs have all but admitted that many of the mechanics of DS, tanking wise, were direct counters of block-capping paladins like yourself, which is why they've changed the rolling mechanism of block to be separate from avoidance in the next expansion.

Good luck and keep tranking.