Skip to content
Maintankadin

Preraid trinkets - question

Hespherus
Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:01 am

Preraid trinkets - question

Im just wondering, what 2 trinkets do you guys think would be best for us preraid? I personally went with the 2 brewmaster trinkets, but thats because i still didnt get the 1350+ stamina one + 2.3k dodge chance from Gekkan in Mogu´shan palace.

Are there any other trinkets that we could consider as pallys right now?

Also side question, would you go with the Zen Alchemist stone instead of one of the stamina trinkets? 751 mastery and 4051 strength on a 27% uptime, so roughly 1105 strength. Could be pretty handy. Thats 8k AP if im not mistaken, so we could have a stronger SS, stronger heals, more parry and just more dps 27% of the time. Thoughts?
Bellanka
Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:25 am

Re: Preraid trinkets - question

I went with the crafted Engineering trinket you can buy from the AH. 3 of your best stats at +600 each is hard to pass up. My health has never been an issue in any heroic, and I tend to pull multiple packs at once, so I've foregone any stam trinkets until I see evidence that they're better than the mastery/avoidance ones.

For my second trinket I went with Heart of Fire from Shado-Pan. Mastery boost and a bit of extra avoidance when I need it. Which also comes in handy when you freak out your healers by doing Heroic Temple of the Jade Serpent in 4 pulls.
Hespherus
Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:45 am

Re: Preraid trinkets - question

You can equip the trinket and make use of the cogwheels even if you arent an engineer?
Bellanka
Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:59 am

Re: Preraid trinkets - question

Hespherus wrote:You can equip the trinket and make use of the cogwheels even if you arent an engineer?


Yeah ... threw me for a loop when I kept seeing them pop up on the AH, finally moused over it and was pretty amazed.
KysenMurrin
Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:00 am

Re: Preraid trinkets - question

Yes. The new cogwheels (Tinker's Gear) are crafted by engineers and have no requirements.
Hespherus
Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:15 am

Re: Preraid trinkets - question

The thought of 600 hit/expertise and mastery is appealing :).
degre
Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:37 am

Re: Preraid trinkets - question

Yeah, matter of fact I've got a bag full of trinkets with higher ilvl but are all stamina or avoidance trinkets, so I'm sticking to my Dragonling.

Currently equipping Dragonling and a stamina trinket with mastery proc.
Hespherus
Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:49 am

Re: Preraid trinkets - question

degre wrote:Yeah, matter of fact I've got a bag full of trinkets with higher ilvl but are all stamina or avoidance trinkets, so I'm sticking to my Dragonling.

Currently equipping Dragonling and a stamina trinket with mastery proc.


Is it the Soulshifter Vortex HC? I still have that and im considering it.
Hespherus
Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:37 am

Re: Preraid trinkets - question

The one from Gekkan in Mogushan VAults? Im at work, cant see links. wasnt able to get that to drop for me yet :|
degre
Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:53 am

Re: Preraid trinkets - question

That's the one.
daishan
Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:17 am

Re: Preraid trinkets - question

Reading Thecks latest blog post I'm thinking http://www.wowhead.com/item=81268 might be fairly good for us, 847 exp with on use strength every 2 min. Use with holy avenger if we need the dps or separate for a little parry and bigger WoGs.
Petrus
Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:40 am

Re: Preraid trinkets - question

Being an engineer and having used 5 cogwheels in my gear (goggles+dragonling), I'm going with Dragonling (Dodge/Parry/Mastery) and [Heart of Fire] until I can get the heroic [Iron Protector Talisman].

Of note: I am skipping brewfest trinkets altogether. The ~700 dodge on the Brawler is pointless in the face of the Dragonling and the stam trinkets are underwhelming when you can drop 7 item levels of stamina for a more useful proc.
PsiVen
Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:08 pm

Re: Preraid trinkets - question

I'm fairly happy with double Brewfest trinkets. I could use a mastery or exp trinket in place of one, but neither have dropped. Dragonling is fairly good but not as good while I already have goggles -- I will have to remember to use it on Gara'jal.
Treck
Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:24 am

Re: Preraid trinkets - question

Im very happy with double Brewfest trinkets tbh, but Iron Protector Talisman is just about as good, 86sta or the random dodge, its not really a big differance, I just choose brewfest in most cases, but its good to have both.
I dont really like the dragonling, but even if I had it, Dodge and parry gems would be the very last gem Id ever use there, it should be hit/exp/mastery if anything, maybe even haste rather than mastery.
Hespherus
Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:39 am

Re: Preraid trinkets - question

I like the Dragonling, just because it makes it possible for me to get to 7.5% hit and Expertise, while still giving me 600 mastery. Im not sure if 23k more hp will make it or break it. But missing my hop generators and consequently not having enough HP to SotR could make a difference.
Treck
Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:46 am

Re: Preraid trinkets - question

Both hit AND exp are really easy to cap without having to go gem it, thus those gems in that trinket means you dont reforge as much into hit and exp, so then you are activly making the choice of mastery/dodge/parry over stamina.
Hespherus
Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:08 am

Re: Preraid trinkets - question

Thats true. Thats if though, if you were lucky enough to get all the right pieces from the dungeons. If you get the dodge/parry ones instead of hit/exp and another useful stat(ideally mastery if not parry), then its impossible. I tried it, and wasnt able to reach the caps.

Obviously not everyone had enough time or luck to reach that, me included, and i took 3 days of work.

But definately ill keep in mind your reasoning, and will switch back to the stam trinket, as soon as i can get enough ratings from gear.
Treck
Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:18 am

Re: Preraid trinkets - question

Also, if thats the case, then definately go for the PvP trinket, 800mastery with 40k hp on use. MUCH better than a dodge procc.
You might be unlucky if you go a few dungeons, but if you wanna cap, you should have to do enough of them to get the pieces you want ^^
PsiVen
Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:41 am

Re: Preraid trinkets - question

You can't put hit/exp cogwheels in the Dragonling if you have them in your goggles, unfortunately. The PvP trinket looks nice though.

My main thinking for stam trinkets/enchants is that the only other way to increase stamina besides ilvl is to gem it, and the budget for rating is doubled in gems.
Schroom
Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:29 pm

Re: Preraid trinkets - question

Treck wrote:Also, if thats the case, then definately go for the PvP trinket, 800mastery with 40k hp on use. MUCH better than a dodge procc.
You might be unlucky if you go a few dungeons, but if you wanna cap, you should have to do enough of them to get the pieces you want ^^



I agree absolutely. I'm even doing BGs to get the epic one. > 1000 Mastery permanetly and alsmost 60k HP on use every 2 minutes.

haven't seen any trinket this tier even in heroic raids that tops that. as the "dodge" use of those trinkets is awefull for paladins.
Teloc
Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: Preraid trinkets - question

What is the new view on the OX deck now that it has 1434 stam added on?
fuzzygeek
Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:58 pm

Re: Preraid trinkets - question

Still not a fan of clicky dodge procs, personally. I don't think it's worth the cost, but YMMV.
PsiVen
Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:31 am

Re: Preraid trinkets - question

10% dodge is a hell of a lot better than a Brewmaiden. Is there any other 476+ stam trinket besides MSV trash?
fuzzygeek
Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:16 am

Re: Preraid trinkets - question

PsiVen wrote:10% dodge is a hell of a lot better than a Brewmaiden. Is there any other 476+ stam trinket besides MSV trash?


I'd argue Brewmaiden's a pretty awful trinket as well. Stam trinket choice is pretty limited. I'm currently running a Dragonling (hit/xpt/mast) and the Iron Protector Talisman (1270 stam/3386 dodge chance for 15 sec). If the xpt trinket ever dropped in Scholo I'd probably swap to that.

The Deck would be an upgrade of the IPT of course, but on my server it's going for 80k, and I don't think it's 80k good. I'd buy it for 5k, maybe 10k. But not 80k. It's certainly viable if you have the funds or means to generate cards.

Edit: also there's this: http://www.wowhead.com/item=89079

Lao-Chin's Liquid Courage
Binds when picked up
Unique-Equipped: Curios of the Shado-Pan (1)
Trinket
+1619 Stamina
Requires Level 90
Item Level 489
Requires Shado-Pan - Revered
Use: Increases your mastery by 2822 for 15 sec. (1 Min Cooldown)
Sell Price: 25 39 83