Skip to content
Maintankadin

Breastplate of Ancient Steel Advice

Rayonus
Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:18 am

Breastplate of Ancient Steel Advice

http://www.wowhead.com/item=82979#comments

I have been thinking about making this for my tank. Im currently wearing the epic
[Spaulders of the Scorned]
[Alani's Inflexible Ring]
[Brawler's Statue]
[Star-Stealer Waistguard]

As I look into the breastplate, its cost over 900 Ghost Iron Ore to Xmute into Trillium Bars to Xmute into Living Steel. On top of that I need 8 x Spirts of Harmony

What do you guys think? Is it worth it?
fuzzygeek
Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:42 pm

Re: Breastplate of Ancient Steel Advice

If you don't have any pressing need for Spirits or gold, yes.
Koatanga
Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:09 pm

Re: Breastplate of Ancient Steel Advice

Iron ore is aound 5g per on my server, which makes your cost around 9k, assuming you don't use an xmute-spec alchy, which would be a bit silly. Just yesterday I was xmuting ghost iron ore and had 4 consecutive procs, 3 of 2 trillium bars and one of 4 trillium bars.

So if using an xmute-spec alchy, you should need around 25% less material to make the breatplate, reducing the cost to around 7,200g plus Spirits.

Spirits are probably costly - I haven't been in the market for crafted items requiring them, but the drop rate is pretty low.

It's certainly costly, but if you have boatloads of gold, what does it matter? The most expensive part of any xpac is the initial gearing to raid if you don't want to wait for drops.
PsiVen
Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:23 pm

Re: Breastplate of Ancient Steel Advice

It is about on par with the 489 MSV chest, so I'd say it's worth it. Farming the Spirits can take a while, so take your time and those mats cheap.
Rayonus
Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:11 pm

Re: Breastplate of Ancient Steel Advice

I am Not a blacksmith, therefore, ill have to pay someone for the spirts. Plus i was looking at the LFR piece and its not that far off.
fuzzygeek
Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:44 pm

Re: Breastplate of Ancient Steel Advice

The difference being you can guarantee a craft.

If you're not a BS then it's considerably more problematic. I've crafted myself a chest and going to craft gloves when I farm another mote, but I like having all the gear I can possibly have RIGHT NOW, regardless of what drops in raid.