Skip to content
Maintankadin

Do I want 7.5% Expertise or 15%?

DisRuptive1
Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:42 pm

Do I want 7.5% Expertise or 15%?

Assuming I'm at 7.5% hit and assuming I can hit 15% expertise, or should I go 7.5%/7.5% and reforge the rest into mastery (maintaining optimal parry/dodge ratio)?
arlen
Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:32 pm

Re: Do I want 7.5% Expertise or 15%?

You want to hard cap expertise.
theothersteve7
Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:59 am

Re: Do I want 7.5% Expertise or 15%?

Assuming you are always attacking from the front, expertise above the soft cap is exactly as valuable as below it. Unless there's some weird mechanic I'm forgetting. Should be real close in any case.
daishan
Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:08 am

Re: Do I want 7.5% Expertise or 15%?

Assuming you have 7.5% hit when you get to 7.5% exp that gets you to spell hit cap meaning many of our abilities will never miss making exp from 7.5%-15% less valuable.
That's not to say it's a bad stat it'll give you less dps than haste and strength above the soft cap, but is still very valuable to reduce the number of dangerous spikes we take from physical dmg.
Nooska
Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: Do I want 7.5% Expertise or 15%?

Do we have anything still on spell hit table?
theothersteve7
Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:31 pm

Re: Do I want 7.5% Expertise or 15%?

AS, Consecrate, Holy Wrath.

I knew I forgot something. Still a good idea to go to hard cap, but yes a soft cap exists.
Skye1013
Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: Do I want 7.5% Expertise or 15%?

theothersteve7 wrote:AS, Consecrate, Holy Wrath.

All "filler" spells. The whole reason to get 15% Expertise is to prevent CS/J from getting parried (smoothing out HoPo generation and allowing for more SotR/WoG.)