If this is in the wrong forum, very sorry. It seemed like the closest one to what I needed to ask.
Bottom line, I've having MAJOR threat issues Vs our Brewmaster Monk. Just about every damn boss in the tier has a taunt switch and it's just killing me. Looks something like this:
I cast taunt, get 100% aggro, blow any DPS CD I have such as wings or ES, throw shield (I have it glyphed for 30% more one target), SC, j, SoTR.
Brew master stays at 100-105% of my aggro for at LEAST 20 seconds (vengeance falls off at 20) about 20% of the time he fully pulls off of me and I have to retaunt. Even after his vengeance falls off and I've built some of mine, I'm still fighting him for aggro sometimes. He normally sits at about 99% of my aggro for another 15-20 seconds after vengeance falls off, then he drops to <80%
Up until this week I was rocking a 463 sword Vs his 496 staff, so I assumed that was most of my problem. Monk has better DPS then pally does + a way better weapon, seemed about right. But now I have the sword off UnSok and we're fairly close in Ilvl, but I'm still having this problem.
I've changed to 300 Str food for most bosses, saving my pots and DPS CDs for the taunt switch, everything I can think of. It helps, but it's not solving the problem.
I hold or have held WoL ranks for prot pally on almost every boss in the tier ranging from #1 to #150, so I don't think it's a total rotation fail or something. If I'm pushing that kind of DPS and thus TPS that I'm ranking very high, then I *should* be fine on TPS.
Question is, am I missing something? Am I just doing this really badly or is this just the woes of Pally Vs. Monk?
Armory for me: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/r ... s/advanced
For the Brewmaster Monk: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/r ... l/advanced
Logs from the past month+: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/234654/
Vayacondios
Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:49 am
