Hey guys, I don't post much but I've been using these forums for years now and it's been a great resource to help me reach my full potential in tanking.
I do have some questions however regarding the challenge mode instances. A few weeks ago I finally managed to give some guildies the confidence they needed to start perusing the CM dungeons as a fun time outside of raids. Our first time in one together was Temple of the Jade Serpent. Ended up getting silver with very little trouble on our first attempt. Followed that up with Mogu'shan vaults for silver and Halls with silver. So we fully understand that silver isn't a difficult goal to go for. We decided start going for golds in the ones we already knew, and the large pulls become incredibly difficult for me to manage my life.
Our primary focus at the moment is Jade Serpent. We've managed to get a really good handle on the pulls usually make it to Mari and burn him with ~11m or more to spare. The areas we've decided that our biggest improvement lie in the pulling of larger packs leading up to the bridge and larger pulls in the room with the 3rd boss. These packs just absolutely wreck me. I dip in health a ton, I get silenced almost constantly by the small adds and can't utilize cool-downs effectively unless I spam them and get lucky. If I use frost traps to slow and kite to reduce the damage intake the adds take too long to kill, stuns end up hitting DRs pretty quick after shadowfury. Overall my point is I feel really squishy when going for golds and getting the larger pulls done.
Current Makeup:
Prot Pally
Resto Shaman
Demo Warlock - ~60k dps
Ele Shaman - ~60k dps
Either Hunter or Spriest ~45-50k dps
I'm looking for help from any protection paladins who are still currently running gold modes. With as often as changes get made to our class I really need updated information to see difference in opinions. I need to figure out if there is something I'm doing wrong. I feel like I have a really good grasp on how to rotate cool-downs, keep up SS follow rotations and positioning.
So my questions include:
What consumables do you prefer? I currently run Earth Flask, 450 stam food and we all understand how to use the invisibility pots for each instance we're working on.
Do you prefer a haste, mastery or avoidance build? I started w/ heavy mastery and just recently switched to haste to try and up our dps.
Are you using tanking or dps trinkets or a combination of the two? I noticed some (OP dks especially) like to utilize dps gear and such to output more dps. I currently just run in tanking stuff.
Is there something critical I'm missing that's keeping me from handling these large pulls?
How high is the dps in your groups?
I appreciate any good insight anyone can give on this topic.
-Palabrewtis
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... tis/simple
Palabrewtis
Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:08 pm
