Skip to content
Maintankadin

Tier 15 Plate Tank Gear List

Kerriodos
Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:44 am

Tier 15 Plate Tank Gear List

When I started planning out my gear sets for the upcoming tier, my spreadsheet grew a bit of a mind of its own and I thought some other people might get some use out of it.

Since it was initially for personal use, this spreadsheet only includes 5.2 raid quality loot (no Sunreaver rep loot). It also doesn't include any pieces with Crit. It does include 2H weapons for the benefit of any DK tanks.

Currently all stats reflect the normal mode quality drops, though I do note whether or not Heroic versions of the gear exist (both in databases and logically--for example, no heroic trash loot is included because it is rarely, if ever, obtainable). I may decide to create a separate, heroic-level-only loot spreadsheet later, but for now this covers most of my needs. Hopefully you guys will find it useful as well.

T15 Plate Tank Gear Spreadsheet

Change Log:

18.3.13 - Removed Tidal Force Treads (changed to Crit/Haste at some point); added Moonjade Necklace to Twin Consorts loot table; added Doomed Crown of Lei-Shen to Lei Shen toot table
13.3.13 - 2nd page added; drops sorted by drop location
1.3.13 - Added missing crafted pieces
28.2.13 - Updated with Oondasta drops
26.2.13 - Spreadsheet created; drops sorted by slot
Fetzie
Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:17 am

Re: Tier 15 Plate Tank Gear List

So looking at that, the Tier Chest is probably the piece for the non-set/ret set replacement (especially as the tier has 3 sockets and the other non-set only have two).

What do you think about this setup?

http://ptr.wowhead.com/compare?items=95 ... 4528:94526
Kerriodos
Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:27 am

Re: Tier 15 Plate Tank Gear List

That's what I was thinking, yeah. The ret chest is particularly nice, too, which doesn't hurt.
Fetzie
Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:40 am

Re: Tier 15 Plate Tank Gear List

Edited in a quick gear collection.

Level 522
Required level 417
Stamina 29,287
Strength 13,902
Mastery rating 3469
Armor 54,823
Dodge rating 1142
Parry rating 1167
Expertise rating 5123
Haste rating 9771
Hit rating 2518
Gem Slots: 1M, 6R, 5Y, 3B, 3P (18 total)

All unbuffed and disregarding talents of course.

Using stam/exp, stam/haste gems. A more stamina focussed approach would, of course, give more stamina. Don't have time to go over reforging to get more stamina in the gem slots, could maybe eliminate the hybrids in red sockets altogether, so ~1500 stamina more than now altogether.
Gab
Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:33 am

Re: Tier 15 Plate Tank Gear List

Very nice, thanks. I hadn't gotten around to my spreadsheet yet and this will save me a ton of time. Appreciate you sharing.
Kerriodos
Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:44 am

Re: Tier 15 Plate Tank Gear List

Good catch, I did miss those. I even had the crafted tank helm on the list, and I'd assumed other crafted stuff existed, but somewhere between my brain and the spreadsheet I lost that thought, I guess. Well, they're added now. Thanks a lot!

I also added http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=94267, crafted Hit/Mastery boots--presumably the crafted "tank" piece.

If you notice that I'm missing anything else, please let me know so I can keep it as accurate as possible so people can prepare for the new tier.

I should also add that based on experience during raid testing, Thunderforged versions of trash-drop loot do exist and are obtainable.
Darrak
Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:49 pm

Re: Tier 15 Plate Tank Gear List

Promdates wrote:http://ptr.wowhead.com/compare?items=94722.0.0.0.76699.0.0.0.138:94945.0.4993.0.76699.0.0.0.125:95292.0.0.0.76895.83142.0.0.167:95205.0.0.0.76667.0.0.0.138:95294.0.4805.0.76699.76699.0.0.138:94942.0.4422.0.76699.0.0.0.145:95280.0.4420.0.83142.76699.76699:94742.0.4411.0.76699:95291.0.4430.0.76699.76699.0.0.124:94726.0.0.0.76699.76699.76699.0.168:95293.0.4824.0.76699.76642.0.0.132:94265.0.4429.0.76699.76699.0.0.168:95513.0.0.0.76699.0.0.0.139:95511.0.0.0.76699.0.0.0.139:94526:94528

This is what I came up with to maximize haste. The only really bad item is the Cloak with Crit on it, but it has a socket.


maybe add exp trinket instead of soul barrier and reforge some extra haste?
Promdates
Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:33 pm

Re: Tier 15 Plate Tank Gear List

Darrak wrote:
Promdates wrote:http://ptr.wowhead.com/compare?items=94722.0.0.0.76699.0.0.0.138:94945.0.4993.0.76699.0.0.0.125:95292.0.0.0.76895.83142.0.0.167:95205.0.0.0.76667.0.0.0.138:95294.0.4805.0.76699.76699.0.0.138:94942.0.4422.0.76699.0.0.0.145:95280.0.4420.0.83142.76699.76699:94742.0.4411.0.76699:95291.0.4430.0.76699.76699.0.0.124:94726.0.0.0.76699.76699.76699.0.168:95293.0.4824.0.76699.76642.0.0.132:94265.0.4429.0.76699.76699.0.0.168:95513.0.0.0.76699.0.0.0.139:95511.0.0.0.76699.0.0.0.139:94526:94528

This is what I came up with to maximize haste. The only really bad item is the Cloak with Crit on it, but it has a socket.


maybe add exp trinket instead of soul barrier and reforge some extra haste?


Want to be able to swap out trinkets for anything else.
Selcouth
Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:44 pm

Re: Tier 15 Plate Tank Gear List

Wowhead says that the amulet and the boots are zone drops. Isn't it risky to assume that you will get both items if this information is correct?
Thels
Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:50 am

Re: Tier 15 Plate Tank Gear List

Darrak wrote:maybe add exp trinket instead of soul barrier and reforge some extra haste?


Promdates wrote:Want to be able to swap out trinkets for anything else.


Keep in mind that there's an Expertise DPS and an Expertise Tanking trinket. If you have both, you can swap between them as required.
Kerriodos
Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:27 pm

Re: Tier 15 Plate Tank Gear List

Updated with a second page, all pieces sorted by drop location.
Kerriodos
Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:26 pm

Re: Tier 15 Plate Tank Gear List

Updated to correct a few minor errors, including some pieces that changed since PTR, some more concrete drop locations, and even a piece I somehow missed from Lei Shen.
Darrak
Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:00 pm

Re: Tier 15 Plate Tank Gear List

any chance you will add ra-den drops?
Kerriodos
Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:59 am

Re: Tier 15 Plate Tank Gear List

It's on the list of things to be done; real life kicked me in the face this week and I've had little time for anything. I do plan to do a full heroic-only drop list that includes Ra Den, though, and will update this thread when it's done.