Hi all,
I'm an off-tank for a raiding guild and recently they advised me to go from a dodge/parry build to a straight haste build using ret plate. We did up to Durumu last night in ToT, and I noticed my GC procs per minute were MUCH LOWER, to the point I couldn't actively mitigate a lot of the time. Before I'd say I had a proc every 5 seconds, now it's closer to 8/9/10 seconds before I get a new proc. I think part of the problem here is that the tank I replaced around 5.2 was a pre-5.2 haste protection paladin and thus his style of build worked when it was 20% vs 12% proc rate and so my guild remembers the heyday of haste protection paladins, whereas now I'm wondering if I need a mix of parry/dodge plate reforged to haste and dps plate to make this build workable.
Does anyone have any suggestions? My character is Zopah on StormscaleEU. As you can see, I've gemmed haste hardcore, but I died 5/6 times in total, even on successful boss kills. I do wonder if perhaps my stam needs to be stacked, and I'm currently working on getting some haste trinkets, although I'm not sure that's ideal either.
Many thanks,
Zopar
Zopar
Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:59 am
