Skip to content
Maintankadin

Meta legendary

thunderz
Mon May 20, 2013 12:50 am

Meta legendary

What meta gem should prot pallies be using? I currently at 9/12 normal. Within a week we will mostliky be doing heroics. Tanking one for 20% dam reduction, melee dps one for the extra dps, or caster dps one for the extra 30% spell haste? Does that 30% spell haste proc off pallie spells?
Fenrìr
Mon May 20, 2013 5:09 am

Re: Meta legendary

It depends on how you and your healers feel you are.

Do you feel squishy and wipe due to tank deaths? Take the stam/physical reduction.
Having no wipes to tank deaths and want to help raid dps? Take the melee dps one.

Afiak, the caster meta does nothing for us.
Volitaire
Mon May 20, 2013 7:45 am

Re: Meta legendary

I think 25m leans more toward using the Tank one but I know in 10m we are heavily favoring the melee dps one due to a tank's DPS being a large portion of our total dps in many instances. If you're seeing alot of tank deaths then probably look at the tank one, if not go with the dps one is the general consensus.

As far as the amount of dps it is proving I am seeing anywhere from 7-15% of my dps coming from it proccing just FYI.
Treck
Mon May 20, 2013 8:22 am

Re: Meta legendary

Im hearing reports of the dps meta getting nerfed, anyone got any solid information about it?
Im seeing a small drop from about 10% effective damage down to about 6% personally, but havnt been testing it out in a heroic raid situation yet.

I recommend everyone to have two heads, one with the dps one and one for the tanking one, cause they will be usefull on different fights during progress (getting your hands on two tier heads might be a hard one tho)
Volitaire
Mon May 20, 2013 8:49 am

Re: Meta legendary

Interesting. Haven't heard much of a nerf on it myself. Will look into my logs over the past week and see what it looks like for my dps in 10m HM as of late.
daishan
Mon May 20, 2013 11:11 am

Re: Meta legendary

After an entire night of derping (and evental kill) on Durumu HM I averaged 9.3% effective damage from Lightning Strike, so not seeing much of a nerf yet but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.
Fenrìr
Mon May 20, 2013 11:27 am

Re: Meta legendary

I think they reverted the nerf, /facedesk.
bldavis
Mon May 20, 2013 11:42 am

Re: Meta legendary

Fenrìr wrote:I think they reverted the nerf, Treck.
KysenMurrin
Mon May 20, 2013 1:35 pm

Re: Meta legendary

There was a hotfix to all RPPM effects that screwed them all up, but it was reverted after a day.
Schroom
Tue May 21, 2013 4:29 am

Re: Meta legendary

cool so I'm still eligible to roll on my second headpiece ^.^