Hey all,
As I was in LFR on Friday my third piece of set gear finally drops after what, four months now 5.2 has been out (My windwalker has been 5/5 since the beginning of June but I think that's because he has secret panda luck). As I glanced at the new 502 chest piece I was disappointed with the stats (dodge/parry) and immediately returned it to the vendor for my token. Further, I read on here that the four piece bonus does not really benefit tanks prior to heroic mode (which my current schedule/playstyle will never meet). As such, I've just felt blah this expansion. I used to lead a 10 man group but now I'm lucky if I do LFR, and before Loot Specialization I had to run all of Throne of Thunder as Ret in order to get desirable gear, which while less stressful in some cases, really makes me feel inadequate to switch back to tanking in LFR where I would like to be. Cap all of this off with the fact that my guild depends on me to be a backup tank for the 10 man progression group when the regulars aren't around and my schedule is available, and I feel like I am trying to please too many masters. I say all of this to ask (as I have tried multiple AMR scenarios comparing ret/prot gear/spec) what is the optimum gear I should shoot for in order to maximize myself in both roles (tank/dps) as much as possible? I have been a control/mastery paladin since 5.0 but I have debating about switching to control/haste to see if I can still be effective.
Prot Gear (In Armory):
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... har/simple
Since I can't find a way to link two sets of gear yet I will list what I have for ret:
SPECS: 11.75% Expertise, 7.91% Hit, 21.51% Haste, 30.28% Mastery
Helm: Same as Prot
Neck: Same as Prot
Shoulders: Tier 14 483 ilvl Ret (also have access to 522 exalted shoulders)
Back: Same as Prot
Chest: Tier 14 483 ilvl Ret
Bracers: Same as Prot
Weapon: Bloodmoon, Reborn
Gloves: Carnotaur Battlegloves (also have 496 Tier 14 ret)
Belt: Same as Prot
Pants: Vaultbreaker Greaves (also have 483 Tier 14 token)
Boots: Same as Prot
Ring 1: Same as Prot
Ring 2: 502 Spinescale Seal
Trinket 1: Brutal Talisman
Trinket 2: Relic of Xuen
Thoughts?
Nimaothar
Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:08 pm
