Skip to content
Maintankadin

Celestial Blessing: What Talents/Glyphs/ilvl were you?

Nimaothar
Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:30 pm

Celestial Blessing: What Talents/Glyphs/ilvl were you?

So I got access to the Celestial Blessing portion of the Wrathion questline, and was very excited for my very own tanking quest...only to observe that this one is a pure bear to figure out. I can't seem to move fast enough to absorb each of the bolts during the splits, or somehow Wrathion is taking too much damage. I tried to watch a video where someone was using Word of Glory to keep Wrathion up, but I observed that I needed to keep them for myself. I thought this was a tank quest, not a tank/heal quest :P. Suggestions? Advice? I can make it until the Echo hits 50% and then I end up with too much damage. I have linked my armory for reference and suggestions. (Yes I know I have to put in my blue gem (haste/hit, as well as fix my shoulders since they are for prot now, but do those little changes make THAT much of a difference?) Even though I'm at near top-end LFR, am I still too low to do this?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... har/simple
econ21
Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:05 pm

Re: Celestial Blessing: What Talents/Glyphs/ilvl were you?

I didn't heal Wrathion, although I did let him die twice.

The third time, it might have been coincidence, but I switched to dps trinkets rather than stamina and focussed more on getting Deathwing's health down fast. It may be like those Pandaren elites - I find them much easier to kill as dps spec rather than tank, as the faster they die, the less chance there is of me messing up in a critical way when dealing with his mechanics.

With the bolts, I ended up circling Wrathion a third of the way between him and the adds; I caught quite a few but some got through. PoJ may be the best talent here - with the other two mobility options, there's nothing to judge and the speed of light doesn't last long enough.
Darrak
Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:55 am

Re: Celestial Blessing: What Talents/Glyphs/ilvl were you?

it doable without healing him. dont just run around in circle, sometimes you need to go towards the bolt. also take PoJ and keep 3HP for that phase
Fetzie
Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:34 am

Re: Celestial Blessing: What Talents/Glyphs/ilvl were you?

531 item level, wasn't really a big deal. Remember you can stun Deathwing, you can blind him too. When it came to catching the bolts I just stood about 2 metres away from Wrathion and got every one of them (without PoJ). You've just got to think about which one will get to him first, and prioritize correctly. A bit like playing an easier version of Space Invaders really. Don't forget to taunt Deathwing when he fixates on Wrathion.
Fenrìr
Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:55 pm

Re: Celestial Blessing: What Talents/Glyphs/ilvl were you?

I opted for the melee dps one, it wasn't too bad tbh. Around 539 ilvl and had to kite the little adds.
Gruck
Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:48 pm

Re: Celestial Blessing: What Talents/Glyphs/ilvl were you?

I manage to do the quest first try without any problems. Intercepting the bolts shouldn't be a problem in terms of health, if you're constantly running since their radius is bigger (as usual). Furthermore, try to taunt deathwing as fast as possible, when he's switching to wrathion. This can save some health you can use later on. But most importantly: the harder you hit the faster it goes. Therefore, try to really burn him down.

btw: if you have the coin from the celestials in your pocket, you gain a 10% life buff (http://www.wowhead.com/item=89124)
Nimaothar
Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:48 am

Re: Celestial Blessing: What Talents/Glyphs/ilvl were you?

I'm currently testing a couple of things on the PTR before going back to the main server. I grabbed the PVP sword/shield to see if the extra 20 ilvl on my sword and 42 ilvl (because I can't get the LFR shield to save my life) makes a difference. I also switched my food/flask/trinkets to strength, but that put me under 650k health, which for a tank fight has me slightly concerned. It's things like this that make me wonder if they were expecting me to be 522, which is why I asked. One thing I tried was instead of in addition to absorbing the bolts was casting Hand of Sacrifice on Wrathion when he got in the middle with my AOE hammer to heal us both during that phase. I am currently on attempt number 8 or so, but I am starting to see the pattern of when I need to stun and how often. I need to be a little faster on the taunt of DW though. Best attempt was surviving to the 3rd bolt attack and DW was at about 20%...but that has not been consistent. I equipped dazing shield and Holy Wrath, any other glyphs I should consider?
Fetzie
Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:34 am

Re: Celestial Blessing: What Talents/Glyphs/ilvl were you?

It isn't a "tank" fight though. All you have to do (famous last words, huh?) is stun the boss when he does the AoE (always face him away from Wrathion) or dodge it, taunt immediately and dance around Wrathion at the bolts.
Worldie
Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:06 am

Re: Celestial Blessing: What Talents/Glyphs/ilvl were you?

Also according to our prot pala, the fact that you can also heal Wrathion as pala makes it infinitely easier.
Nimaothar
Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:01 pm

Re: Celestial Blessing: What Talents/Glyphs/ilvl were you?

After several attempts on the PTR, I finally felt ready for the real thing. Having Lay on Hands available to heal Wrathion was a nice perk. Thank you all for your help!