Skip to content
Maintankadin

Prot Paladin Heroic Raiding Advice Requested

Aceliyia
Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:35 pm

Prot Paladin Heroic Raiding Advice Requested

Links:
Warcraft Logs: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/PgFTRhL9KtG7MmYH
Twitch Video: http://www.twitch.tv/aceliyia/b/558214155
Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... yia/simple

Hi all,

I’ve been raiding with my 25 man guild for the past 2 months as the off tank to our GM, a Blood DK. I had a few problems on Heroic Siegecrafter ranging from deaths from Siegecrafer and/or not being able to kill the shredder fast enough. I resolved those issues but its still a work in progress for myself and the guild. The week prior to the twitch video linked, I was out of range of healers but that has been resolved this past week. However, I’ve been receiving criticism from my raid leader that I need to use cooldowns more often (to die less) and do more DPS overall in the raid. I’m hoping to get some advice on how to do each of these things as we continue pushing into Heroic Paragons and subsequently Garrosh. Above are links to my guild’s most recent raid on Siegecrafter and Paragons. Any feedback is very much appreciated!


-Ace
lluren
Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:36 am

Re: Prot Paladin Heroic Raiding Advice Requested

How many stack do u have when u tank the shredder ?

When im at 3 stack i pop ha and aw
If higher than 5 u shouldnt have a problem Killing it Quickly.

For cds i use dp on stack 1-3-4-6
Gotk on 5
And ad on 6 reset at 6

Others tips: use ef right after a stack. More vengeance and heal most of the dmg of the attack.

Check your meta. Its saved my ass.

For glyph

I used focus shield alabaster and wog.

With wog glyph remember to use ef right after death from above for the extra dmg

Last thing if ur not 100% sure that u can
take a other stack ask for a external cd.

Gl on your progression

Selfhealing-zul'jin
degre
Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:50 am

Re: Prot Paladin Heroic Raiding Advice Requested

Wouldn't make sense to switch all those haste gems for hybrid gems that would fit the socket's bonus?

I have been out of the game for a while and haven't followed recent theorycrafting, however, it would make sense that if you are dying too often more stamina is the solution, and at the same time you would be gaining extra strength from the bonuses to make up for the loss of haste.