Skip to content
Maintankadin

WoD Blacksmithing Options

Boreen
Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:26 pm

WoD Blacksmithing Options

Do y'all have any advice on what 3 pieces of Blacksmithing gear to create? Seeing as they can be upgraded to a pretty high iLvl eventually it seems I may have them for awhile. However since we can only use 3 I want to make sure I put my resources into the correct pieces. Should I do weapon and shield and chest piece? Or some just 3 armor pieces? Thanks.
Jadhzia
Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:04 pm

Re: WoD Blacksmithing Options

I went with shield and chest (and neck, since I'm also a jewelcrafter).

Chest and legs are good choices because of the itemization bonus of those pieces. Head has the same bonus, but you can get the MC one (100% drop).

Weapon and shield are "only" 630 when you craft them, so they're less obvious choices. I went with the shield because it was my worst piece, and it's an important one for a tank. So far I haven't dropped anything better, so I'm happy with it.

You should also coordinate your choice with the available pieces purchasable with apexis crystals: head, wrists, hands, waist, legs and cloak. Since you can get upgradable legs with this, I suggest you craft chest or shoulders.
Lastwolf
Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:00 am

Re: WoD Blacksmithing Options

I'm the same as Jadhzia, Chest and Shield thus far.

I didn't get Bonus armour on my jewelcrafting neck so I sold it instead, I have terrible luck with getting shields as raid or dungeon drops, I've still yet to see one drop so it's been a great call as I was using a 608 one before. Chest was the highest increase in stats, chest and legs are usually always highest in amount of stats.

I vaguely considered crafting a 3rd piece (it'll be another 3 days before I can make anything anyway) but I think I'll build an essence instead and upgrade my shield, will need to get some savage bloods though, so maybe not :D.