Skip to content
Maintankadin

Finally got my Darkmoon Card and....

lusisia
Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:13 pm

Finally got my Darkmoon Card and....

while I can't use it yet in my raid gear, I can everywhere else. That includes BT farming.

I just loaded Assessment the other day and noticed some REALLY cool stuff when I was farming tonight.

My most recent pull (which prompted this post):
Vengeance proc'd 159 times
Vengeance hit 155 times for 16.2K damage (104 avg)
Vengeance CRIT 4 times for 816 damage (204 avg)

FoTC proc'd 154 times
FoTC healed 141 times for 12.1k of health (85 avg)
FoTC CRIT 13 times for 1476 health (113 avg)

Are both of these guys crit'ing off Spell Crit? In the gear I use here I have 6.1% crit. I REALLY wish they scaled with +spell/+heal though but that would be hella overpowered.

I also noticed that Ret Aura did exactly 0 damage. I'm in my spell damage grinding gear and that still blew my mind.

The order of damage was:
Consecrate - 166k
GBoSanc - 37.5k
Thorium Shield Spike - 23.9k
Holy Shield - 22.4k
Vengeance - 17k
Melee - 13.5k

Just some interesting notes.
_________________

Some people call me crazy but I like to think of myself as a freelance lunatic.
Ann Coulter is a Cylon
stormknight
Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:01 am
Ret aura doesnt work with vengeance card. I tried and need to change trinket for ret aura :/
_________________
Daeren
Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:47 am
I can't recall having any problems with ret aura and vengeance card.
_________________

Kaelthar_
Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:47 am

DC: Vengeance

I have the Darkmoon card and it doesn't affect ret aura for me...

What does stop ret aura from working is blocking. If you block, no ret aura damage is done. This is every hit for us when we're uncrushable. So the aura sucks unless you're AOEing huge numbers at once that will burn through your Holy Shield charges.

Or when you pull out 2h, then still useful but barely.
_________________
Galoheart
Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:03 am
It does work the Darkmoon Card Vengeance & Retribution Aura. I tested this this morning on several the Ogre mobs outside Shatt and looked at all my logs. You do see both Reflect damage & Vengeance procs.

However often in some situations though looking at my combat log with the Vengeance Cards equipt it seems to proc less with Retribution Aura. Without Retribution Aura it seem to proc more often to allot when i did not have Retribution Aura up. Not exactly sure why in those situations. For Retribution Aura to reflect damage you need to be HIT to reflect damage. So when wearing full tanking gear or uncrushable gear if your not taking damage you barely see Retribution Aura reflect any damage on mobs unless your actually being "HIT" in between all the miss/dodge/parry/blocks. But the Vengeance card did proc.

But both does work.

Darkmoon Card Vengeance is much better equipped. Retribution Aura seem to suck the better your Defense gear at 70 unless in fighting packs in AoE.
_________________

http://ardentdefender.blogspot.com/

"One day my time will come. Until then I continue to prepare myself"
Juliette
Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:11 pm
I've always used Ret Aura, even when tanking hard-hitting Heroic bosses, and Kara. Next time I will check my Recount stats and see if having Ret Aura on affects the trinklet proc rate. If so, then I will start to use Devo Aura instead, because I'm not in full epics atm and could use more Armour.

I always used Ret Aura even for slow hitting mobs because I thought the more threat I could produce, the faster we can DPS the target down. But then I always thought if they hit me like every 2-3 secs, that's like 400-600 damage a minute, which is small compared to what I normally produce with other abilities in the same minute. Maybe I should only use Ret Aura for AoE-time from now on.
_________________
Garov
Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:50 pm
Yeah I was in the "every time, all the time" camp for ret aura. Except for a few minor examples my ret is on 24/7. I still think the extra dmg would be worth it over the ac. I'm gonna have to test some stuff and find out if I've been wrong all this time. Sad
_________________