Skip to content
Maintankadin

Continuum Blade VS Crystalforged Sword

halabar
Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:15 pm

Continuum Blade VS Crystalforged Sword

Howdy,

this has probably been asked before, but...

Just dinged 70 (finally!) and had a Crystalforged sitting in the bank for me. Once I pay for my regular flyer, should I do the major Spellpower on the Crystalforged, or wait until I can get the Continuum Blade (or the Gavel, or the season 1 mace?...)

thanks!
The Sunthorn
Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:59 am
I was going to ask this question, as I just got a depleted blade the other day and I already have a continuum blade.

I can't begin to describe how fantastic it's been to have the continuum blade. it's opened up so much room for me to concentrate on stamina and defense gear, since a hundred and sixty one points of my spellpower is right there in that blade. I'm still way overpowered on +spell but that will balance out eventually as more of the righteous set drops for me.

I think I'll keep them both, and gain some benefit from the crystalforged sword for now.
Tuberon
Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:22 am
I plan on having all 3 at some point. I already have CFS with major spellpower, as I'm not revered with KoT yet.

Gavel is on my list of shiny things to lust after, but I do want a couple pieces of the gear, and I'm only at 30k honor.

But the dailies will help with that now, too.
_________________
Talryn
Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:59 am
I'm curious, how much do people find the S1 mace (or an equivalent) to help them with threat? I saved up a bunch of honor and I'm debating between some gear to help with PvE or PvP.

I already have the Crystalforged Sword with the spell damage enchant and for now I'm just doing 5 man regular and heroic instances.

I'm having the same debate with the Gladiator's Shield Wall. Nice armor but perhaps the Sha'tar shield is better overall, especially at my gear level.

I'd like to get the S2 Barrier shield but that will be arena which will may require some PvP gear, hence my debate. Smile
Talryn
Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:22 pm
Thanks for the replies.

I know I don't need the PvP gear in order to do arena, but having a chance at winning would make it more fun and possibly result in more points. Smile I don't have decent PvP gear at the moment either.

Kalbear, thanks for the reminder to check the theorycraft. I guess going from 121 to 199 spell damage results in 78 damage or 39 more TPS. A nice little boost but not earth shattering. You're right, I may not notice the difference.
kalbear
Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:31 am
Well, I do really recommend getting a +40 spelldamage enchant on whatever weapon you currently use. If you only have 121 SD you may be a bit low on the threat side. More is always better, but it's not so much better that you will notice it hugely.

Basically as long as you're currently keeping aggro, there's no reason to change. I'd do the +40 SD on the weapon you expect to keep for a while.