Skip to content
Maintankadin

Shadow Resist Gear Help

amadiss
Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:26 pm

Shadow Resist Gear Help

I would like to get a shadow resist set but I can't find a good combination that would give me a nice resistance of lets say 200 while keeping myself above 485 defense (thinking of heroics at the moment).

Please post your Shadow sets.
Worldie
Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:59 pm
Mmm black temple gear? Smile


Btw, if you are planning to build up a SR set for the 1st bosses of Arcatraz and Mana Tombs, just pick those random greenies that drop (ignore their class, cloth, leather etc, it doesn't mind since its elemental damage) and stack up 200ish SR, and both bosses will be pieces of cake.
_________________

amadiss
Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:11 pm
Thanks for the response. I guess the real question is:

After "clothing", "mailing" and "leathering" myself I end up at 200 SR but only about 420 defense. Is that ok?
Worldie
Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 pm
Well, yes it is. It's quite hard to mix up greenies with defence. However having a high amount of resist will make crits you take a non-issue.
_________________

Lansky
Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:38 pm
I have the luxury of a full set of BT shadow resist for when I do these bosses and I am still open to a couple crits with the gear I end up using. Like Worldie said as long as you stack resist/stam nothing either of these bosses does will be dangerous as a half resisted crit will still only hit as hard as a standard hit and most of the time you will take far less damage.
_________________
Lansky BE Paladin Mannoroth
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&n=Lansky
Merise
Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:42 pm
I sit on about 300 SR with aura for Mana tombs. Mixed leather/mail/plate. All greens with high stamina and SR. I end up with more stamina in that set than my heroic tanking set. It works well. Worth popping the SR head enchant on a helm if you can find a decent one. No idea what my defense would be but its definitely gimped. What usually kills people in manatombs is the dark shell reflection more than anything.

TBH lately I haven't been using anything but aura for the first boss in heroic arc. never had a problem. One day I forgot my resistance set and the healer said lets try without it, and he felt he couldn't tell the difference.
_________________
amadiss
Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:35 pm
Ok as I'm far from BT yet ill give it a shot with those ugly greens Smile .

Thanks
Worldie
Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:33 pm
Well u can't use Avenger Shield without a shield tho.

BUT there's that nice shield from MT heroic...
_________________