Skip to content
Maintankadin

Uncrittable on non-bosses

spiky_porcupine
Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:26 am

Uncrittable on non-bosses

Hi, since I won't be maintanking bosses anymore and will be OT more now, just wondering what's the defence I need for them? Will it still be 490 defence to be uncrittable on level 72 mobs? or is it lower? I remember it is 485 before, but how do we reach that number?


Another question I have is how does resilience help with being uncrittable? Is there a straight up formula between resi & crit to be uncrittable?
Thanks
_________________
Spikybunny:
Level 70 Draenai Protection Paladin
Spirestone
Lore
Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:51 am
The requirement for uncrittable is 475 defense + 5 for every level the mob is over you. So a level 70 mob is 475, level 71 is 480, level 72 is 485, and level 73 is 490.

You'll want to be able to hit 490 though, as sometimes offtanked mobs are still level 73.
_________________
Me, LOL!
Tribune
Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:04 am
http://www.wowwiki.com/Resilience

Resilience Crit chance Crit damage DoT damage Rating required
Level 60 Level 70
1% - 1% - 2% - 1% 25 39.4
2% - 2% - 4% - 2% 50 78.8
3% - 3% - 6% - 3% 75 118.2

format of the cut an past table may be less than optimal.

Personally i just do the mouse over of resilience and def and add up the crit reduction if I am trying to mix and match def and res to get 5%.
Wulfhere
Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:50 pm
This reminds of something I've noticed. Often, when I was lower level and went back to help people out in lower level zones, I would notice that gray mobs would still crit me. I had some +def gear and by my calculations should have been uncrittable by them. I chalked it up to maybe you had to get to 490 to remove all crits.

The other night I was in EPL in a group for the Battle of Darrowshite. I got critted multiple times by 57-58 elite mobs while at 493 def or so. Seems very odd. Only other crits I can think of were once from Moroes and once from those Soul-Eaters in regular Arcatraz.