Skip to content
Maintankadin

Sextant for Paladins?

Cascius
Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:36 am

Sextant for Paladins?

I've been toying around with snagging this gem of a trinket:

Sextant of Unstable Currents
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30626#comments

Here is the goodness (for those that might have WoWhead blocked at work):
Equip: Improves spell critical strike rating by 40.
Equip: Your spell critical strikes have a chance to increase your spell damage and healing by 190 for 15 sec.

Now - for a Healadin, this should be a no-brainer. Fourty (40) spell critical strike is almost a 2% move in crit. HUGE for those healadins that rely on the crit to feed the mana pool.

For the tankadin ... I *think* this could work along side the Darkmoon Card: Heroism that I have in the other trinket slot (I'm way past Uncrittable/Uncrushable). I look at it like spike threat or a way to amplify damage when it procs.

/discuss

- Cas
_________________
Lansky
Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:29 am
If your casters are dumb enough to not want it then go for it. For a high crit caster (read fire mage/destro lock/ele shaman) Sextant and Skull are the optimal trinket set ups. If they are too dumb to realize that even if they need to use trinket X for now because of reason Y that the Sextant is amazing then oh well I guess its fair game. For example, an affliction lock will not use this trinket, however once locks reach a certain level of gear destro becomes superior DPS and this tirnket becomes amazing. Whereas I'd never use it as a tank. Much rather use a stam trinket, avoidance trinket, or a pure spell damage trinket. Spell crit is next to worthless with our massive 1 spell that we normally use that crits. 2 if the mob happens to be undead. Get a pure spell damage trinket like Mag's Eye or one of the heroic badge rewards and let someone that can use spell crit effectively loot the Sextant.
_________________
Lansky BE Paladin Mannoroth
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&n=Lansky
Aalryn
Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:56 am
there are about 15 better trinkets to put in that slot over this one. As a holy paladins this could be one of the best trinkets in the game. As a protection paladin, all I can say is don't be a lootwhore. Let the classes who would actually use this get it.
_________________
Official tankadin of The Core <Tichondrius>
Swagger
Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:57 am
Reasons we need spell crit:




Reasons we don't need spell crit:
Almost nothing we use to tank with can crit.
_________________