Skip to content
Maintankadin

Petrified Lichen Guard

Nicos
Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:13 am

Petrified Lichen Guard

As I am just now turning 61... Should I start grinding on Sporeggar rep to get the PLG as soon as possible? I notice that it's listed as one of the better tankadin shields in the gear sticky.

PLG + Shield Spike = Win ?
_________________

Aalryn
Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:25 am
Short Answer: yes.


one way I found this to be very easy to grind toward is by grinding exp in the cave with the tree guys south zangermarsh. constant respawns, the ability to aoe kill them (i do it now, but not sure how it is at 61 for that), and rep every kill makes it a very nice place to gain exp and gain rep.

You can probably kill the ones in northeast zanger also.. there are quite a few herb nodes and mining nodes there too. I just enjoyed the constant fast respawns in the southern cave.
_________________
Official tankadin of The Core <Tichondrius>
halabar
Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:41 pm
Do the basic quests for the spore folk, and you'll have your shield before you finish them all. Easiest rep grind/reward around.
Melathys
Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:26 pm
I consider it the best aoe farming shield in the game. Slap a shield spike on that bad boy and bask in glory.

Its also great for pvp, especially vs rogues for when they try to vanish (some are quick enough to vanish/cheapshot before a poison tick removes stealth, but whatever, lol) At least it'll stop them from vanish and running.

Dueled a rogue friend of mine... "WTF is this spore cloud crap?!"
_________________
Nicos
Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:41 pm
Then to Zangarmarsh I shall travel after I respec to get my delicious stamina.
_________________

Ciandin
Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:46 pm
Those giants also drop a ton of motes of life...hang onto 200 of them to make your sexy bracers at 70
Worldie
Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:41 pm
The regular quests (including the few in istance) should allow you to get to about half honored or more.

Then do a couple of times the Naga killing one (750 rep each time) and you will have your shield.
Don't farm mobs for rep, it's a waste of time.
_________________

Marle
Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:38 pm
Short answer: Yes.
Long answer: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss!

Grind the shield as soon as you can use it, and enchant it with the biggest shield spike you can afford. You'll keep it with you all the way to 70 - it's really that good. I'm tempted to use it in Mount Hyjal for giggles... nothing quite like beating rogues on the damage meters to make a raid interesting Very Happy
_________________
Melathys
Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:19 pm
I actually have two of these shields...as they tend to break after a few pulls of supplicants.
_________________