Skip to content
Maintankadin

Gear Help

Ivliss
Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:33 pm

Gear Help

Ok with all thegear choices out there I am getting a little confused on the best upgrade options. I am in a pretty good set now, but have noticed hy health is still lagging a little behind were it should be (about 13.1k Unbuffed).

The guild I am in, is currently working our way through SSC (we downed Mogrim Tidewalker for the first time last week). I just dont see a whole lot of upgrades in SSC. I plan on getting some of the Zul'Aman items. Beyond that I am having a hard time finding ways to buff my health, and balance it with enough spell damage and mitigation. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ivliss

PS. I have checked with my guild for suggestions, and right now I am it for end game capable pallys in our guild.
_________________
Ivliss/ 70 Prot Pally/ Baelgun
kalbear
Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:49 pm
I'm assuming you're this Baelgun.

The clear one, IMO, is that you could gem up with more stam. To do that you'll need more def. One obvious place to get it is from the devilshark cloak. II believe by replacing that and replacing all your +def/stam gems with stam gems, you'll gain something like +30 stam. I'd also recommend not enchanting for +armor either; go with +dodge or +agility.

And yeah, at this point the justicar gloves aren't as good as the felsteel gloves, though don't give those up if you can at all help it.
kalbear
Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Ah, sorry. I tried looking it up via Ivliss and got no matches. Stupid armory.

In that case, you need to gem a bit better (you don't need the def and you still have +9 stam gems in stuff) and you can use some stam enchants instead of block rating enchants for the shield. Get the better shoulder enchant from aldor/scryer too. Also, do you have the heroic libram for holy shield? that's cheap and is a huge bonus for you. I'd regem the pants and the shoulders, get the better stamina enchants where you can and (if you don't have it) get that libram. Also consider going with the felsteel gloves; you'll lose spelldamage (but you're fine with that right now) but gain more def, parry rating and stamina. You should be able to get another +40 or 50 stam or so that way while remaining uncrushable/uncrittable and at 490 def.

In terms of an upgrade, the clear one would be the Belt of the Great Protector. You should be able to get the vortexes from SSC to do that.