Skip to content
Maintankadin

Sabatons of the Righteous Defender

DraenorGauss
Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:04 am

Sabatons of the Righteous Defender

Is anyone using these? How are they? How did you socket them, etc?

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33523

Despite numerous Kara runs, I've never picked up tanking boots. Ashamed to admit to what I'm using now. LOL.

Would I be better off to grind Heroic SH for:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29254

Or should I just use the badges?

Thanks.

Ulushnar
Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:10 am
I wear em with a stamina gem and a stamina/parry gem from heroic mech.

They're pretty nice for threat and mitigation, but they lack avoidance and defense. Still, they're better than the heroic SH boots.
_________________
http://www.wulfsblood.com - Wow Blog

M'hael
Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:02 am
i have the same sockets as ulushnar and even they lack in avoidance the bv is pretty nice and i love them. then again i was wearing flesh beasts before.
_________________
Andox
Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:23 am
I also wear Flesh-Beasts, and I hate them. Ive had them since april..
_________________
Oramac
Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:26 am
i have Elusion and im prolly still gonna pick up the badge boots. nopt first thing, but i do need to work on a BV set a bit more and would like the options.

on a side note, does it look to anyone else like the icon for these is a guy whos about to snap his leg in half?
_________________
Aalryn
Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:45 am
I use the badge boots now. They are much better than the heroic boots and kara boots both (or all 3 I should say).

I'll eventually replace them though, once black temple stops being a whore (22 weeks with no boots)... In the meantime, blocking 402 damage with an 80% uptime of my libram for a total of 522 damage per block is hot as hell.
_________________
Official tankadin of The Core <Tichondrius>
Zeels
Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:50 am
Got these http://thottbot.com/i29239 yesterday.

Can't decide if they are better than fleshbeast, but will use flesh for uncrushability. Also nice to have a spare pair of boots, doing the boar speed
enchant on them instead of the regular +12 stamina Smile .

Would deffo roll on the SH or protector boots, but would not use them for
heroic tanking, since I'm around 400 spelldamage with buffs already.
_________________
Dayblade
Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:13 pm
Then what would you paladins say about the Boots of the Protector then? Reason I ask is - I have the pattern as of last night and now have my BS at 365. Just curious.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30033
_________________
Dayblade
First Officer, aGM, Blade of Honor
Lansky
Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:46 pm
Yeah I just use the SoR libram now because an extra 100 block when i'm not in a set stacking BV just doesn't seem so great to me. After LoR runs its course none of the available options really have me excited. An 80% uptime of Shahraz's BV libram would have made it worthwhile =(

Just because I have to 4s out of 6s is not 80% either Wink
_________________
Lansky BE Paladin Mannoroth
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&n=Lansky