Skip to content
Maintankadin

Freya Hardmode Nomenclature

Joanadark
Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:32 pm

Freya Hardmode Nomenclature

I've noticed a ton of people recently have been referring to Freya's hard mode acheivement [Knock, Knock, Knock on Wood] as "KKK". First time I saw it i did a complete double-take.
"3 knock Freya" (verses "2 knock Freya" or "1 knock Freya") has a much better ring to it in my opinion. I've also gotten a kick out of hearing people call it "Freya 3-tree" in reference to "Sarth 3-d".

How did this whole KKK business start?
fafhrd
Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:57 pm

Re: Freya Hardmode Nomenclature

Personally, I prefer,

Freya 3D
or
Freya Knocked Up

Freya +3 is the best notation though for consistency, with the Yogg ones going Yogg -1, Yogg -2, Yogg -3 and Yogg -4
fuzzygeek
Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:25 pm

Re: Freya Hardmode Nomenclature

There's a sizeable population on teh intarweb that finds sly references to racism utterly hilarious. I blame them.

I always like 3-tree.
amh
Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:42 pm

Re: Freya Hardmode Nomenclature

Didn't see "KKK" until a few days ago. Not a fan.
Braundo
Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Freya Hardmode Nomenclature

I usually just stick to + notation for everything where it applies, because it's just easier for me to type.

Sarth+3
Freya+3
Yogg+1

And so on.
fafhrd
Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:05 pm

Re: Freya Hardmode Nomenclature

Lore+1
Markoh
Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: Freya Hardmode Nomenclature

Freya 3
Belloc
Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:58 am

Re: Freya Hardmode Nomenclature

I call it "knock, knock, knock."

I like, "Freya3T."
Seloei
Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:12 am

Re: Freya Hardmode Nomenclature

freya +3
yogg+0
Sarth10 3d

As someone said, theres always going to be someone who thinks "KKK" is a fun a joke. Usually they are 12 year old or don't know what the movement really meant.
Falibard
Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:36 pm

Re: Freya Hardmode Nomenclature

Freya +1/2/3
Yogg 0/1/2/3 light
Splug
Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Freya Hardmode Nomenclature

It was shorter, still made sense, and I'm lazy. And KKKoW sounds like a Batman sound effect.

If people are offended, I can go to the batman version. It's still fewer characters and descriptive of the achievement. I think the only one I'm still calling by the boss name is "Vezax hard" - which bugs me because it sounds like he's walking around with an erection. And "I love the smell of Saronite in the morning" truncates to ILtSoSitM ... which takes long enough to work through and type out that "vezax hard" would have been easier.

-Splug
fafhrd
Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:50 pm

Re: Freya Hardmode Nomenclature

Could be Vezax+1 (for the animus)!

Or Vezax -8 (I think it's 8 vapors you give up breaking)...

+/- notation encompasses all!
Falibard
Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: Freya Hardmode Nomenclature

Splug wrote:It was shorter, still made sense, and I'm lazy. And KKKoW sounds like a Batman sound effect.

If people are offended, I can go to the batman version. It's still fewer characters and descriptive of the achievement. I think the only one I'm still calling by the boss name is "Vezax hard" - which bugs me because it sounds like he's walking around with an erection. And "I love the smell of Saronite in the morning" truncates to ILtSoSitM ... which takes long enough to work through and type out that "vezax hard" would have been easier.

-Splug


Vezax's Smell?
I love Vezax?

Knock, Knock, Knock on Wood will henceforth be known as Hard Wood.
fafhrd
Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:59 pm

Re: Freya Hardmode Nomenclature

Freya + 3 Wood
Joanadark
Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:43 am

Re: Freya Hardmode Nomenclature

Splug wrote:It was shorter, still made sense, and I'm lazy. And KKKoW sounds like a Batman sound effect.

If people are offended, I can go to the batman version. It's still fewer characters and descriptive of the achievement. I think the only one I'm still calling by the boss name is "Vezax hard" - which bugs me because it sounds like he's walking around with an erection. And "I love the smell of Saronite in the morning" truncates to ILtSoSitM ... which takes long enough to work through and type out that "vezax hard" would have been easier.

-Splug


"That-REALLY-REALLY-fun-boss-that-our-kickers-are-so-good-at."