Hey guys, I was just wondering how you all typically approach phase 3 of yogg, I know there are multiple strategies. I'm in a guild where we have only killed yogg once but quite often get to phase 3 and hit enrages (with brain room done in 3 phases). Even with a clean transition from 2 to 3 we really seem to struggle getting him down in time so I guess our strategy is to blame.
What we typically do is have all dps stand very close to Yoggs mouth, tanks just in front and healers at the door. Randed dps yogg from point blank range and swap to adds for a second or 2 of dots as they turn around. Melee are constantly on adds and getting splash dps on yogg.
This seems to go ok but on a typical attempt we lose a handful of melee over the course of the phase due to pickup aggro on adds, then with a few melee down the adds gradually stack up and we may have say 4 alive at once which then requires some ranged dps to break off and help clear.
I often think that we are letting Yogg heal way way more than he should be as phase 3 seems to go on forever, is our strategy just dumb? How do you guys do it?
Magnusharkov
Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:22 am
