I know there's no cure for fail, but does anyone have a strategy on how to handle interrupts for this guy?
We had 1 rogue, 1 dps warrior, 1 enh shammy and 4 DKs wholly commited to interrupts and they simply failed. Hardcore.
Theoretically we also had myself and a ret pally, but as HoJ isn't off the GCD, with our rotation, its not reliable to interrupt... the ret, maybe.
I presume you should expect NO searing flames to get through?
I can sometimes survive 1. 2... its the luck of the RNG though whether he hits me or I avoid streak.
I can theoretically even survive a single hit (though we lose random dpsers and healers, especially if theyre in the saronite while it happens or just took a shadow crash to the chin) as he hits for the low 40s I think with just Searing flames.
Searing Flames + Surge? I'm toast as he hits over my max hp.
It was only our first night of attempts and we used, at my request, the "stay in and take the surge" method.
I was constantly oom, even having dropped only two consecrates, so I'm tempted to try 2/2 spiritual attunement.
Oddly I had NO ISSUES whatsoever with threat. Except for one mage who went berserk.
Another option I'm going to try is dropping judgement glyph for Spiritual attunement glyph.
We also had issues with everyone being morons with Marks and Shadowcrashes: (RL and Tank shout for everyone in group one to move + someone has a skull in the middle of the group and there's a big purple blob slowly arcing like a softball at you and.... no one moves). Due to marks, the furthest we got him down was 75 percent but without marks, it would have been significantly more. However, these are problems 2 and 3 and I think we can fix these easier.
Total Raid Makeup:
tanks
1 Prot Pally - Moi, was 53/18 with DivGuard/Sac, now 54/17
dps
4 DPS DKs
1 Rogue
1 DPS War
1 Enh Shammie
1 Ret Pally
2 Mages
3 Huntards
1 Lock
2 Shadow Priests
heals
3 Holy Pallys
2 resto druids
2 resto shammies
1 Disc Priest
My recommendation (partially ignored) was to split the dpsers into two groups, group 1 assigned to odd searings, group 2 assigned to even searings, that way you have at least 3 people trying to interrupt each, and for them to set up a macro that is like
/cast mind freeze
/tell dude 1 NEXT SEARING YOURS!
/tell dude 2 NEXT SEARING YOURS!
/tell dude 3 NEXT SEARING YOURS!
/tell dude 4 NEXT SEARING YOURS!
in order to limit chat in vent.
Corman
Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:51 pm
